Chapter 25

"That's it!"

Kicking my right boot loose, I sighed in exasperation. That's just the last straw for me. My patience had finally reached its maximum capacity and I'm done overlooking my self-worth. There's just no more turning back for me even if I get chastised by a compilation of philosophical words about the wisdom of perseverance. I won't even blame my naturally imbued impatience for coming to this decision because I firmly believe that I've been more than generous with my understanding of him. There will be no words from him to convince me otherwise because I.AM.NOT.COMING!

Yes! I definitely won't!

After waiting for TWO DAMN HOURS, without a text or a call from the cause of my painfully unusual early rising on a beautiful Saturday morning, I am just spent. I even went as far as swallowing my woman pride by texting and calling him several times only to have my last few calls rejected!

Not missed, not went to voicemail, but Rejected!

Unbelievable!

If he suddenly had to attend some emergency meeting or whatever, then he should have, at least, spared a minute to cancel our engagement; I would have understood. Instead, he let me play the guessing game of whether he's coming or not and do some personal counseling at the same time just to keep my mood in check.

Having completely removed my boots, I headed for the shoe cabinet behind the main door. Unexpectedly, the doorbell rang and before peaking through the hole, I preconceived a plan that in the event its him, I'll rush into my room and change into my ordinary clothes to make a point. I would very much rather sleep than go out with him now!

Stealthily, I peaked through the hole and to my utter surprise, it wasn't the person I was expecting. Matter-of-fact, I don't even think its my visitor. I immediately opened the door and was greeted by a pair of huge, round gray eyes. His nose was straight and his lips were thin. His blonde mop was in a disarray, nonetheless, he looked absolutely adorable.

"Who are you looking for, little man?"

His forehead wrinkled and then he gave what seemed like a glare, but it was too cute a look that I had some reconsidering.

"I am not little! I am already six!" He said with pride in his voice. I could barely restrain myself from laughing, but gladly, I was able to keep a straight face. I would rather not push my luck and attempt to fray the feathers of a proud little man.

"My apologies,mister. So, how can I be of service to you?" I curtsied. He sighed then looked down. He fondled with his fingers then murmured something. He peeked through his lashes and spoke quietly.

"I want to go to the park and ride a horse."

"Why don't you ask your parents?"

"They're not here, but my uncle is." He replied while casually glancing at the hallway.

"Then ask him instead. Does your uncle live in this building? What is your name, by the way?"

"My name is Ivan. My uncle doesn't live here, but he said that we will only go to the park if you come with us. You're coming, right?"

Puzzled, I looked at the boy for a while, then it hit me.

That sly coward!