Chapter 6

"I really thought it was Tory who got me. How did you sneak up on me, George?" Sean said while shaking his head.

We're now eating at a restaurant overlooking the Shannon river. Its a very expensive restaurant and Im savoring the food very well since its on the losing team. As part of the deal, the losers treat the winners to lunch and the winners get to choose where. Of course I chose a very expensive restaurant to make the most out of our win.

"Dude, will you get over it? Its not like you're that good for it to be impossible to get hit. Even Amber could get you with eyes bound." Brody said looking irritated. Amber is Barbie number three, the one who hit Kevan. I have to give it to her. She has proven to be better than I thought.

"Don't sound so sour about getting hit three times. I am just fanboying here. I still couldn't wrap my mind around how she managed to get the four of us." Sean replied

"Beginner's luck." I grinned

" Thats bull! Beginners don't get to eliminate four opponents in three different locations in under 30 minutes." Owen opposed

"Have you seen the amount of paintball left on her hoover? Its like she only used one or two for each of us as its still almost full. It only means her aim is that excellent." Sean said almost looking mesmerized

"Im just good at paying attention and following instructions. Plus, maybe today is my lucky day." I replied

"You played us from the beginning! You pretended to be a newbie so we won't see you as a threat!" Brody snickered

"I don't know know what you're talking about." I said faking innocence.

"Everything was according to Aedan's plan. We won because he predicted your moves and we carried out his plan very well." Cassie interrupted

"Why would you be surprised with our victory when you know Aedan had been a champion before? It wasn't for no reason." Tory added.

Kevan and Aedan were just silent the whole time because I told them not to say a word about what had transpired on our planning. It may still come in handy next time. They knew I was not a beginner, but they didn't know I was that advanced. Something to keep between me and my bestfriends.

"Im curious. Tell me, Brody, how did you end up getting hit by the three of them at the same time? Were you that stupid to be standing openly?" Kevan asked

Brody looked at him sharply. "They got lucky." He said shortly

Brody never brought up what had happened in the field because doing so would also reveal himself. If he opened up about me baiting him, he would also end up admitting that he tried to shoot Tory, thinking it was me, in a close distance. It wouldn't fare well with Kevan and Aedan, so he's being smart by shutting his mouth and swallowing his wrath.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
We finished our lunch and went on our separate ways. I am now in Aedan's car and we're heading southwards, to a shopping centre in Dooradoyle.

We've been out on dates before, but today is different. For starters, we have a long list in our itinerary. It started with the paintball game. Even though it started badly with his friends ambushing us, it had ended well for us. Well, its more in my favor as I was the one who had the time of my life whooping Brody and the rest of his team, but if I'm in a good mood then he's happy so its a win-win for us. The bonus is we got to eat on a very expensive restaurant for free.

Second on our list is shopping and strolling together. One might picture this activity with the girl getting busy trying on several clothes and the guy just sits on a couch and be the fashion consultant/personal assistant who would approve or disapprove the clothes, then eventually pay for them, and carry them around.