Taken Ill

Connie woke up to her phone ringing at 3:30am. She groaned and turned to answer it. She notices Jacobs ID and answered it quickly. "Hey Jacob, you alright" Connie asked slightly worried. "Um it's Jessie I can't explain now but can you come to Holby ED, sorry I didn't know who else to call" Jacob said sounding really worried. "Sure I will be right there" Connie said before hanging up. Connie rang Jac and she came round to stay with Grace.

Connie arrived at the ED with hast. She pegged it in to resus to see Jacob with his head in his hands and Jessie asleep but attached to several wires. Connie put her hand on Jacobs shoulder and said "can I do anything Jacob". "Oh hi Connie, uh yeh can you stay here for a bit I need to get some fresh air and I don't want her to wake up to an unfamiliar face" Jacob answered. "Sure take as long as you need" Connie said and with that Jacob got up and left.
Jacob still wasn't back but had text Connie saying he had gone to for a coffee in a nearby cafe to clear his head. Connie looked up to see Jessie moving around on the bed, she was obviously waking up but wasn't quite ready.
"Hey sweetheart it's ok, I'm here" Connie said stroking Jessie's forehead. "Connie please don't leave me" Jessie begged. "I'm not going anywhere darling, don't you worry" Connie answered. Connie got on the bed with Jessie. Jessie snuggled up next to her and wrapped her small arms around Connie's waist.
Jessie had a chest infection and was given several antibiotics to ease the pain and breathlessness until it cleared up.
Jacob came back a couple hours later just in time for Jessie to be discharged. As Connie was on Jessie's emergency contact list as well as Jacob she could sign her papers which she was in the middle of doing when Jacob came in. Jessie was attached to Connie's hip and it was obvious Jessie loved Connie he just wasn't sure whether Connie felt the same emotion for Jessie as Jacob did. Connie turned around, "hi Jacob, Jessie's already to go home now" Connie said. Jessie buried her head in Connie's neck and muffled "I want to stay with you Connie". Jacob could see that Jessie was craving mother affection which she had missed out on and knew that she thought of Connie as her mum. Jessie coughed and held her chest still in a bit of pain. Connie looked at Jacob and said "you must be tired, why don't I have Jessie again tonight so you can get some rest". Jacob nodded, kissed Jessie on the head said "thank you" to Connie and left...