Chapter 13

Niall's PoV

I sit next to Alex as we drive to the doctors office. I never told the lads about what happened a couple says ago with the code thing. Alex hasn't been able to stop thinking about the eleven years thing. I don't get it at all so I've given up on it, but Alex hasn't stopped thinking about it. She wants to figure it out for whatever reason. I never asked why she had to know what it means, but I respect her privacy. I am extremely curious as to what happened a couple days ago when Alex called us home too.

Louis brings the car to stop. We hop out of the car. Louis, Alex, and I walk into the doctors office. Louis and I thought it would be better if only Louis and me went so we didn't attract too much attention. I sit with Alex while Louis signs Alex in. We are soon called by the nurse to see Doctor Shriner. We sit and wait for her to come in.

"Alex?" The doctor asks she walks in.

"That's me," Alex smiles.

"Why don't we take that cast off and get you a new one," Doctor Shriner smiles. She takes this saw thing out and sets Alex's arm on the table. She starts to cut her cast off. She looks at Alex's arm once she gets the cast off.

"When did you get your cast on?" She asks Alex.

"Six weeks ago," she answers.

Doctor Shriner continues to look at her arm. "Are you sure?" Alex nods. "You don't need a small cast then."

"So I'm going straight to the splint?" Alex asks. A smile pulls at her lip.

"That is correct," Doctor Shriner grins.

"Thank The Lord!" Alex exclaims. The Doctor leaves to get the splint. "That is the best news I've ever heard," Alex laughs.

Louis and I smile. We wait in silence for the Doctor to come back. It has been minutes. "Where is she?" Louis asks impatiently.

"It probably takes her a few minutes to get the brace, Louis," Alex assure her.

"I'll go look for her," Louis stands and leaves. I watch him to make sure he shuts the door all the way.

I turn to Alex. "Alex, who gave you that note?" I ask. I need to know.

"I'm not sure I know who it is," Alex admits.

"Who do you think it is?" I ask.

"Austin," Alex breathes out.

"Who's Austin?" I ask.

Alex bites her lips. She opens her mouth to answer, but the Doctor and Louis walk in. "I know what I'm doing," she answers impatiently.

"You better," Louis snaps.

"I am a doctor!" Doctor Shriner yells at him. Alex and I burst out laughing. They both shoot us warning looks. We turn our laughing into a cough and stop.

"It's almost cold season," Alex says. She "coughs" again.

"Sure," Louis retorts sarcastically.

Doctor Shriner fits Alex for her brace. Alex is smiling very big right now. She so hated that cast. The doctor finish fitting the brace. We walk to the car. "You and the doctor had some sparks there," I tease Louis.

"Please, I have Eleanor," Louis laughs.

"Who's Eleanor?" Alex asks.

We stop. Did we never mention Eleanor, Perrie, and Danielle? Uh oh. "We never told you about Eleanor?" Louis asks nervously.

Alex shakes her head. "Oh, well, Eleanor is my girlfriend," Louis explains.

"Danielle is Liam's girlfriend, and Perrie is Zayn's girlfriend," I explain.