Chapter 20

Austin's PoV

"Eleanor, Niall, this is Austin," Louis says. I give them a small smile. "Austin, this is Eleanor, my girlfriend, and Niall, my best mate."

"It's nice to meet you," Eleanor smiles. I give her a nod.

"Uhm, Louis? Can I have a word with you?" Niall asks. Louis nods, and they walk over near the bathrooms.

"So, Austin," Eleanor says uncomfortably. "Why did Louis call you exactly?"

"Did he not tell you?" I ask confusedly. I would have thought he would have told them why he needed me. I'm not sure why he called me though. I guess I can fight, but other than that I'm not really sure. We've known each other for a few years so maybe it's just trust.

Eleanor shakes her head. "He wants me to help him find someone," I say. I glance over at Louis and Niall who are in the middle of a conversation filled with annoyed looks. "Are they going to be able to figure whatever they're discussing out?" I ask, pointing to the two lads.

Eleanor glances behind her. "Oh yeah," she waves her hand dismissively. "They're best friends. We're good."

Louis and Niall come and take their seats. "Sorry about that," Louis says.

"So are you going to tell me who I'm looking for, or are you going to make this ten times harder?" I ask.

Louis chews on his lip nervously. "Alexandra Connors," he says in a volume close to a whisper.

I feel my throat tighten up. I swallow the lump in my throat. "D-do you have a p-picture of her?" I stutter.

Louis searches his phone, and he hands me it when he finds one. I take the phone nervously. Eleanor and Niall seem confused, but my behavior doesn't faze Louis. I look at the picture. I hold my jaw from dropping. That's my Alex! I repeat, MY Alex!

"Why do you need my help?" My voice is hoarse.

Louis raises an eyebrow. "I need to know who would kidnap her," Louis tells me. "And I know you would know."

"H-how do you know I'll know?" I ask. I don't want to think of Alex. I can barely stand hearing her name.

"Austin," Louis sighs, "I don't really want to say why I know, but I do know that you'll know who took her. Please, just think."

Louis's desperate eyes make me give in. I think back to who has hated Alex. Hmm. There was practically all the girls in our grade. Not to mention a lot of the boys. I don't think Alex could have made any enemies in the orphanage because she stopped talking after she was in the accident and got shot. Who was she shot by? Some drug dealer. Maxwell what's-his-face? Collin? Collins? I don't even know. He got arrested after he shot Alexandra in the shoulder. It took a whole to find them, but the police found him and arrested him. It was a hard time for us since we became orphans and had to sell most of our possessions to pay for Alex's surgery. Then, we for split up to go to different orphanages because Alex wouldn't talk to anyone.

Back to the questions at hand, who would hate Alex. Oh my god! I'm an idiot! I just talked about a man who shot Alex, and I'm still debating who kidnapped her. "I'm such an idiot!" I smack my hand to my forehead.

"What?" They ask confusedly.

"I'm over here debating who would have kidnapped her while thinking of the person who shot her!" I laugh before realizing what I just said. "Oh my god! The person who shot her and caused our dad's car to flip kidnapped her," I feel a panic attack coming on.

"Oh my god!" Eleanor covers her mouth. Niall covers his face in his hands. Louis runs his hands through his hair frantically.

"We have to go, like now," I say.

"Go where?" Louis asks desperately.

I sigh. "You know that old warehouse down by the old train tracks at the edge of town?" I ask. They nod. "That's where we need to go."

Eleanor lets out a Girly whine. "But that place is scary," she grumbles.

"I know," I shake my head sadly. "How long has she been there?"

"Four, three days," Niall says looking to Louis to see if he's correct. Louis nods.

Fear strikes through my body like lightening striking a tree. "Oh my God," I hold my head in my hands. "Have you heard any contact from them?"

"They just sent pictures," Eleanor says.

"We have to go now," I stand up, accidentally knocking my drink over.

"Why? What's wrong?" Louis is terrified, and it is very evident through his eyes.

"She could be dead."