Chapter 5

I woke up the next morning pretty late. It was really late before I got to bed. I went downstairs to get some breakfast. My mom was home since it was Saturday. "Good morning sleepy head." She laughed.

"Morning." I rolled my eyes. 

"Did you have fun last night?" She asked as she started to make me some breakfast. 

"Yeah, I did." I smiled and nodded. 

"That's good, he is a really sweet boy." She smiled as she cooked. "It's a shame what happened to their parents. You know, I'm going to make them a casserole, would you take it over to them?" She asked.

"Yeah, I plan on going over there this afternoon." I nodded. "Thanks." I smiled as she sat the food down in front of me. I ate as she started to make the casseroles. 

"I don't have a pan to put it in so when they finish will you make sure you get this back from them?" She asked. 

"Yes mom." I laughed. "I'm going to go unpack." I put my dishes in the sink and ran up stairs as she cooked them. 

I went upstairs and finished unpacking. I didn't want to be here so I avoided it but now that I was starting to enjoy it here. At noon my mom yelled and we all ate together. "I didn't want to make two different things but I made another one for them." She told me after my brothers left. 

"Okay." I nodded. "I'll go over later probably." I went upstairs to get ready I changed, then did my hair and make up before I left. 

Sodapop's POV

I woke up fairly early so I could catch Darry before he left for work. "Hey Darry, can Alex come over this afternoon?" I asked as he was cooking breakfast. 

"Who is Alex?" He asked. 

"The girl I went out with last night. She wants to hang out and I thought we could stay here." 

"Yeah I guess, clean up before she gets here and don't do anything stupid." Darry left for work. 

I started to clean up the house, I didn't want her to think we were a mess so I cleaned everything. I spent the morning making sure everything was cleaned up. Pony left with Johnny and Dally right after lunch so I figured it would be just us, unless Two or Steve showed up. 

After everything was ready I sat on the couch and waited for her to come over. 

About 3 I heard a knock on the door and got up to answer it. "Hey." I smiled I saw it was Alex.

Alex's POV 

"Hi." I smiled at him. "Here my mom made me bring this." I laughed and handed him the casserole. 

"Oh thanks." He smiled. "Come in." He went to the kitchen and put it in the fridge. 

"I think she feels bad for asking about it the other day. Also she wants the pan back." I laughed. 

"I'll make sure it gets back to you." He smiled. "If you want we can eat it tonight and then you can take it back." 

"We had it for lunch so I might just let you guys eat." I laughed. 

"Okay, well we might save it for tomorrow or something. I'll make sure it gets back to you though." He kissed my cheek. 

I smiled at him. "The house is nice." I looked around. 

"Yeah, do you want me to give you a quick little tour?" He asked. 

"Sure." I smiled and nodded. 

"Okay, well this is the kitchen, then that's the living room and dinning room. Then if you go down this hallway you have mine and Pony's room, bathrooms over here. That is Darry's room and this is my parents room." He pointed at the different doors as we walked past them. "It's small but it works." He shrugged. 

"It's cozy." I smiled at him. 

He smiled back. "What do you want do to today?" he asked.

"I don't know, you are the one that knows everything to do here." I laughed.

"Okay, well do you want to stay here or go out?" 

"It's up to you." I smiled. 

"You make things hard." He rolled his eyes. 

"We can stay here until you think of something." I smiled and took his hand as I lead him to the couch to sit and watch tv.  A movie came on and we watched it, during commercials we would stop and talk about different stuff. He had his arm wrapped around me and we would randomly kiss through out the movie. 

After a couple hours Darry got home, I quickly sat up and looked at Soda. "Oh hey Darry." Soda looked at him. "This is Alex." 

"Hi." I waved shyly.

"Hey Alex, I'm Darry." He offered his hand and I shook it. 

"She brought over a casserole that we can eat sometime." Soda got up and followed him to the kitchen to show him. "But let's save it for later, I want her to stay for dinner." 

"Alright what should I make then?" He asked. 

"Spaghetti or something." Soda shrugged and went back to the living room. He sat back down beside me. We talked for a while until Darry yelled dinner was ready. 

Ponyboy walked in as we were sitting down, "Pony this is Alex." I smiled hi as he sat down. He smiled as we started to eat. They talked about there day to each other and I didn't say much. After a while Darry started to ask me some questions about me and my family. 

I started to get nervous but lucky we all finished eating. "Me and Alex will clean up and then I'll walk her home." Soda got up and took his plate, I grabbed the rest and followed him to the kitchen. We got everything in the kitchen before I looked at Soda. 

"Did I answer everything okay?" I asked. 

"Yeah of course. I really think Darry likes you." He smiled. 

"Okay good." I smiled as we cleaned up. He kissed my cheek when we finished. 

"Do you want me to walk you home?" He asked. 

"Sure, since its so far." I laughed. He grabbed my hand and we walked outside. We walked across the street and up on my porch. "I'll see you Monday in school." I smiled. 

"So I'm not going to see you tomorrow?" He asked. 

"Well if you eat the casserole call and I'll come and get the pan." I laughed. "I have to spend some time at home." 

"Okay. I'll see you then." He smiled and kissed me. "Bye." 

"Bye." I smiled and went inside. I went upstairs to my room for the night.