Chapter 27

Alex's  POV

"Babe, listen to me." He made me look up at him. "I love you more than anything, I'll be thinking about you everyday, making sure and the baby are doing okay. I'll miss you of every moment of every day. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me and I hate that I'm leaving that. I promise that I love you so much..." His voice kept cracking as he started to cry and I pull him down into a hug. 

"I love you so much." I mumbled. 

We sat there for a few minutes crying, after that we both pulled ourselves together and got up. Soda went to go make a quick breakfast while I got ready, we didn't talk much the rest of the morning. We hugged or kissed every time we past each other. 

"Are you ready?" He ask as we looked at the clock. 

"As I'll ever be." I mumbled softly hugging him. He hugged me back tightly. 

"Let's go meet the gang." He took my hand and we walked over to his house. We went inside and I let go of his hand so he could hug his brothers. Darry was holding it together pretty well but Pony wasn't at all. Steve barely had it together while the rest of the gang was okay. 

"How are you doing?" Darry came over to me as Soda was talking to Pony. 

"Not good." I looked down. 

"It will be okay, you have us. Steve told me he knows and he's helping you too." He smiled and hugged me. 

We stood around talking for a while. "Well we better get going." Soda said after a while. We piled into the different cars. I sat beside Soda and he held my hand. "I love you." He mumbled and kissed my cheek. 

We got to the bus station and saw a bunch of others that had been drafted with there families. Soda said his final goodbyes as I stood back trying not to cry as I watch them slowly load the bus. 

"Babe." He came over to me. He hugged me tightly. "I love you so much, write as much as you can, keep me updated. I can't wait until I get to see you again. I love you." He kissed me. 

I teared up and when he pulled away I saw he was too. "I love you too." I hugged him one last time before he left. 

We stood there together not talking until the bus pulled out. 

"Come on guys, lets go home." Darry started to walk back to the cars. 

"Do you want me to take you home?" Steve looked over at me. 

"Yeah." I nodded. 

I got in a car with Steve and after a couple blocks I starting crying and couldn't stop. He didn't say anything which I was thankful for. When we got back to the house he came around and picked me up. He carried me into the house and back to my room and laid me down on the bed. "Just go to sleep for a while." He looked at me before walking out. 

His voice wasn't steady at all, I figured he was starting to lose it too he just didn't want me to know about it. I laid there crying for a while until I fell asleep. 

I woke up a couple hours later and got up. I couldn't lay in bed all day. I promise Soda I wouldn't fall completely apart without him. 

I went into the living room to see Steve sleeping on the couch. I knew he had been crying too. I grabbed a blanket and laid it over him then I went into the kitchen and started to make some lunch for us. 

After a little bit he woke up and came into the kitchen. 

"Hey." He watched me. "How you doing?" He asked. 

"Better." I shrugged. "Are you okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah I'm fine, I just wanted to stick around to make sure you were going to be okay." He shrugged. "I'll go now since you are good." 

"Stay, I'm making lunch." I looked at him. 

"No it's okay, I'm going to go see the gang. I'll stop by later to check on you. If you need something call." He left. 

I sighed a bit. "Looks like it's just me now." I mumbled to myself. I wasn't used to being home alone to begin with, but just knowing Soda wouldn't be coming home made it seem so much more empty. 

I finished cooking and sat down and ate then cleaned up. I knew if I just sat around I wouldn't be able to keep it together so I started to clean the house up. 

I did all the laundry, the dishes, cleaned the house up, and just anything to keep me busy. Finally around 9 I sat down to watch tv for a while. It was so weird not having Soda there. 

I heard a knock on the door and got up to see Steve. "Hi." I smiled at him. 

"I was just checking to see if you are okay." He asked. 

"Yeah, I'm okay, um how are you?" I asked, he looked like a wreck. 

"I'll see you around." He turned around. 

"Steve," I stopped him. "It's really weird being here alone, I don't feel safe, do you think you could stay here for the night?" I asked. I bit my lip, I hope that he would I also really wanted to make sure he was okay too. 

"You could just go stay at the Curtis's." He offered. 

"I want to stay here, if you don't want to its fine, I just thought we could talk a little bit too." I spoke softer. 

"I can stay, I just didn't know if you would rather be with a lot of people than just me." He stepped inside and I closed and locked the door. 

He went and sat on the couch and I sat down on the other side and looked at him. "What did you do today?" I asked. 

Authors note: Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please comment or let me know if you are enjoying it! I'll try and update soon!