Chapter 25

I got to the Curtis house and knocked on the door. Darry answered "Can I talk to you?" I asked. 

"Sure." He stepped out and we sat down on the porch. 

"I've been thinking about what you said and I know, I haven't been acting right. It's only been the past day or so though. You don't know what's happened behind close doors." 

"He didn't hurt you or anything? Did he?" He asked awkwardly.

"No." I quickly shook my head. "He's been amazing." I paused for a second. "Promise you won't tell anyone." I looked at him. "Not even Soda." 

"Yeah." He nodded. 

"I think I might be pregnant." 

"What do you mean 'think you might be'?" He asked. 

"I've been feeling sick but I thought it was me just being upset with Soda leaving. So I took a test and it just had a tiny faint line so I didn't know which way it was going. I think it's to early to know for sure." I looked down. 

"When did you find out?" He asked. 

"Last night. I don't know if I should tell Soda or not." 

"Tell him, he doesn't want to leave if you guys aren't okay or he thinks you aren't. It's going to be hard to leave that but I think he rather know in person than a letter. Plus this way he can talk to someone to make sure they will be there for you and he doesn't have to worry." 

"Okay, thank you Darry. I should probably get home so we can talk." I got up and gave Darry a quick hug before heading home. 

When I got home Soda was sitting on the couch, I smiled at him. 

"How'd it go?" He asked. 

"Good." I smiled and sat down beside him. "I need to tell you something." I looked at him. 

"What?" He asked. 

I took a deep breath and looked at him. "I think I'm pregnant." 

He didn't say anything right away he looked around before I grabbed his hand. "Soda?" I asked. 

"Are you sure?" He asked. 

"Not at all. I took a test and it had a faint line saying I was but I'm not sure which way its going to go." I looked at him. 

"Did you take the test last night?" He asked. 

"Yeah, how could you tell?" I asked laughing a bit. 

"I knew something was up." He rubbed my leg. 

"I'm pretty bad at hiding stuff aren't I?" I lean into him. 

"Just a bit, I really thought you were getting ready to break up with me." He pulled me close. 

"No, I couldn't." I shook my head and looked at him. 

"Good." He kissed my forehead. We sat there together for a while before he spoke up. "What are we going to do if you are pregnant?" 

"I'll be stuck here by myself with our baby." I shrugged. "Not like we have a choice." 

"You'll need help though." He rubbed my side. 

"Who's going to help me? You aren't going to be here." I mumbled. 

"I'll talk to Steve, I'm sure he will help and the gang." He looked at me. 

I didn't say anything for a while. "Does anyone know?" He asked. 

"Darry." I said softly. 

"You told my brother before me?" He asked. 

"I needed to explain why I was avoiding you because he yelled at me and I didn't know if I should tell you." 

"You weren't going to tell me?" He asked. 

"I wasn't sure if I was and I didn't want to put the extra stress on you." I laid my head on his chest. 

"I'm glad I know, it would have killed me leaving you with how we have been acting without knowing why." He rubbed my side. 

"Can we go to bed?" I asked. 

"Of course." He nodded. We got up and went to bed and laid down together. 

"I love you." He said softly and kissed me. 

"I love you too." I kissed him back, we made out for a while before we fell asleep. 

The next morning I woke up fairly early and Soda was still sleeping. I got up and went to the bathroom to get ready and then to the kitchen to make some breakfast. 

After a while Soda joined me, "How you feeling?" He asked. 

"Okay." I lean into him as he wrapped his arms around my waist. He kissed my cheek and I smiled at him. 

"Smells good." He smiled. 

"Thanks." I smiled at him. "What do you want to do today?" 

"Anything with you."

"Anything more than that?" I asked. 

"I want to have Steve come over and talk to him about when I'm gone. I want you here too." He looked at me. 

"Okay." I nodded. 

"And do you have another test you could try today?" He asked. 

"Yeah." I looked down a bit. 

"Maybe try and take that tonight so we know and can make a good plan." He tilt my chin up and kissed me. 

"Okay." I smiled when he pulled away. We sat down together and ate our breakfast. 

When we finished I cleaned up and Soda called Steve. "He will stop by some time today." He came in and answered before I even asked. 

I lean into him as I finished washing the dishes. "I really don't know what I'm going to do without you here." I looked up at him and wrapped my arms around him. 

"You can take care of yourself, the gang will be here too." He wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me close. 

"I know but its always better when you are here. I'm gonna miss you." I laid my head on his chest.

"I'm going to miss you too." He smiled and pulled me close. 

We went and sat on the couch curling up together. We talked as we waited for Steve to show up. "Can we promise to write each other letters all the time?" I asked. 

"Of course!" He smiled. "I'll write you back as much as I can, but I promise I'll read ever single letter you send me." He rubbed my side. "I want updates on everything, you, the gang, the baby." He smiled and pulled me close. 

"We have so much we have to figure out in a day before you leave." I sighed. "What about names?" I looked at him. 

"I'll let you pick." He shrugged. 

"What if its something you hate?" 

"I'll learn to love it." He laughed. 

"You aren't much help." I laid my head down. He smiled and rubbed my side. We laid there in each others arms waiting on Steve to come over.