Chapter 24

When the gang showed up I was in the kitchen cooking, Soda sat out in the living room and talked to them. I made a bunch of appetizers for the gang while I made supper. 

"Oh thanks." All the gang mumbled before they dived in. 

"No problem." I smiled. Soda pulled me on his lap and kissed my cheek. 

"You are amazing." He pulled me close. "Stay out here for a while." He pulled me close when he felt me getting up. 

"I need to make supper." I looked at him. 

"Please for a little bit?" He watched me. 

"With how much they eat I'm going to need time to cook, after we eat." I kissed his cheek and got up. I heard Soda sigh slightly but I really couldn't face them all right then. I needed to think. 

I started to make a nice supper for everyone. I had plenty of different sides along with all of Soda's favorites food. After a while Soda came into the kitchen. "What are you making?" He asked. 

"Mac and cheese." I smiled. "But you should be in there with the gang." I looked at him. 

"I want to make sure you are doing okay." He wrapped his arms around me and looked at me. 

"I am." I nodded. 

"Okay." He kissed me before going back to the living room with the gang. 

I finished making everything and set the table. I heard the gang talking and laughing and I was glad they are having a good time.

"Okay guys its ready." I yelled after I have everything ready. 

Everyone sat down and I took a seat beside Soda. "It looks amazing." He smiled at me. 

"Thanks." I smile shyly. 

We all sat around and ate as we talked. It was amazing and once everyone was done I pulled out a couple of cakes we ate. After everyone finished that they all went back to the living room as I went to the kitchen and Soda followed me. 

"I think someone forgot something." He said. 

"Oh no what?" I asked looking around making sure I didn't forget to take any food out. 

"You said you would stay with us after we ate, we ate and you cam back to the kitchen." He laughed and wrapped his arms around me. 

"I have to put the food away first." I laughed. 

"You said you would be with us." He looked at me. 

"It won't take long. Plus today is for you and the gang." I shook my head. 

"I want to spend time with you too." He rubbed my side. 

"We will have all day tomorrow to just us. So spent the time with them." I pulled away and gently pushed him back to the living room.

I started to put everything away and into the fridge. I then started to clean all the dishes, I really just didn't want to have them all be staring at me. I could hardly stand the thought of me lying to Soda. 

I got everything cleaned up with the dishes all washed and put away. Soda came in and wrapped his arms around me. "You cleaned up now you have to be out there with us." He kissed my cheek. 

I turned around and looked at him then quickly looked away. "What's wrong?" He asked. 

"I don't feel good." I mumbled softly. 

"Really?" He asked. "Why do you keep avoiding the gang? You need to get along with them." 

"I'm tired and I just don't feel good." I refuse to look up at him, I knew I had tears in my eyes. 

"Just go lay down and feel better." He sighed deeply and dropped his hands from my sides. 

"I'm sorry." I mumbled softly. 

"It's not your fault you don't feel good. I'll check on you later." He walked away and went back to the living room. I heard him tell the gang I didn't feel good before I went to our room and laid down. 

I really did feel sick to my stomach, just because I had so much on my mind. 

I laid there and ended up crying for a while before I ended up falling asleep. 

A while later I heard Soda come in as I woke up. I laid still not knowing what to do. 

"How you feeling?" He asked. 

I shrugged and looked at him. "Did the gang leave?" I asked. 

"Everyone but Darry, he really wanted to talk to you. Will you please?" He asked. 

"Yeah." I nodded. 

"I'll send him in." He felt and Darry came in. 

"How are you?" He asked. 

"Okay." I sat up. 

"Well, I just wanted to tell you something. It's probably not going to make you happy but I think you need to hear it." He paused. "We are all going through this but you are just making it harder on everyone, especially Soda. He's leaving all of us and going some where awful and you are just acting like a baby and being the only one affected. I'm sorry but you didn't see how hurt he was when you kept avoiding him today." 

"You don't know what I'm going through." I glared at him. 

"We are all going through this, I'm losing my brother I'm suppose to protect, you are just losing your boyfriend." 

"There's more to it." I snap. "Get out." I cross my arms and glare at him. 

He walked out and I heard him talk to Soda then left. I was preparing Soda to come in but he didn't. I waited for a while before getting up and finding him. He was sitting on the couch and refuse to look at me. 

"I'm sorry." I looked at him. 

"For what?" He looked at the tv. 

"For ignoring you and making everything harder on you." I watched him. 

He sighed and looked at me. "It sucks for all of us, but I really need to know that when I'll leave you will have the gang still. That would make me feel so much better." 

"I know." I sighed a bit. "I need to go talk to Darry." 

"That might be a good idea." He nodded. 

"I'll be back soon, I'll need to talk to you too when I get back so please don't go to bed." I looked at him. 

"Okay." He smiled a bit. I kissed his cheek before leaving to go talk to Darry. 

Authors Note: Thank you so much for reading and sorry for the really long wait between updates. I got really busy with finals and then I've been working full time but I'm going to try to be better at updating.