Chapter 32

"Okay." Steve watched me run out of the house. 

I got to the hospital and found Soda's room and slowly went inside. 

"Soda?" I asked softly. He was laying in a bed asleep and I couldn't see anything wrong with him. 

"Hmm." He woke up and saw me then smiled. "Babe." 

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" I asked. 

"I'm okay, but I got shot." He took my hand. 

"What?" I asked. "Where?" 

"In my leg. They kept me close to base for a while to get me to stabilized. Then I moved to a bigger hospital to actually get treated and they decided that I wouldn't be helpful there anymore so they went me back home." He help my hand. 

"Soda." I mumbled softly. "I thought you died." I teared up. 

"It's okay. I didn't I'm fine." He smiled and rubbed my side. "You are getting really close." He smiled and laid a hand on my stomach. 

"Like a month left." I smiled and laid my hand on his. 

"I'm glad I got back in time." 

"Me too." I lean down and kissed him. "Can you walk?" I asked. 

"I can't now but I will again soon, its not completely healed but then I will be able to." He sighed a bit. 

"It's okay, I'm just glad you are okay." I smiled 

"Me too." He groaned trying to move a bit. 

"Relax, it's okay. I'm not going anywhere." I held his hand. "Have you told the gang?" I asked

"No I just got here and woke up this morning. Don't tell them, I don't want them here and stressing about me." He shook his head. 

"Soda, I can't lie to them." I looked at him. 

"Please." I could tell he was getting tired. 

"Get some rest. I'll be here when you wake up." I smiled 

"Okay." He kissed my hand and closed his eyes. 

I watched him for a while until I made sure he was asleep. After a while I left to go call into work. 

Then I called Darry, "Hello?" He answered. 

"Hi Darry it's Alex." My voice was shaky. 

"Is everything okay? Steve said you ran out this morning." He asked. 

"I need you to come to the hospital." I bit my lip. 

"Are you in labor?" He asked.

"No I need to talk to you, just come here and don't tell anyone." 

"Okay, I'll be there in a little bit." He hanged up. 

I waited in the lobby for a while, "Alex?" I heard Darry come in. "What's wrong?" He asked 

I stood up and hugged him. "Soda's here." I started to sob. 

"What?" He asked pulling away. 

"He got shot and he is here. He's okay I wasn't suppose to tell you yet but I had too." I couldn't stop crying. 

"It's okay, he's okay." Darry kept saying over and over as he rubbed my back. 

I was able to pull myself together. I told Darry what I knew. "Can I go see him?" He asked. 

I nodded and lead him back to his room. Soda was still asleep so I sat down a little ways away from the bed and Darry pulled a chair up to him. 

After about 15 minutes Soda started to wake up. "Hey buddy." Darry spoke softly. 

"Darry what are you doing here?" Soda looked at me. I looked down. 

"Alex called me, don't be mad I just wanted to know how you are doing?" I asked 

"I'm alive." He chuckled. 

"Soda." I looked at him. "I told him." 

Soda sighed, I let them talk for a while. Soda started to get pretty tired and it was getting pretty late.

"Maybe we should get going so Soda can rest some more." 

"Yeah you are probably right." Darry stood up. 

"Please don't tell anyone I'm here. I want to be better and out of here not in pain before anyone sees me." Soda begged Darry. 

"You know it will kill Pony not knowing." He looked at him. 

"I know, but I don't want him to be upset seeing me like this." He sighed.

"Okay. I understand." Darry nodded.

"I have to work the morning shift and then I'll be by tomorrow." I smiled at him and we left.

On the drive home Darry looked at me. "Are you sure we shouldn't tell them?" He asked. 

"We can't." I shook my head. 

"Do you only say that so you can end it with Steve first?" He asked. 

"Darry." I looked at him. "You know it's not like that." 

"You are cheating on my brother that's what it is." Darry didn't say anything else. We got back to his house and I was about to head home. 

"You know it wasn't like that." I shook my head quietly and walked home, with tears forming in my eyes. I got inside and Steve was asleep on the couch. I didn't even want to talk to him so I went straight into my room. 

The next morning I woke up and I heard Steve in the kitchen. I sighed and slowly got ready, I had no idea what to say to him. 

"Good morning." He smiled at me when I came out. 

"Morning." I refused to look at him. 

"Everything okay?" He asked "You got home really late last night." 

"Yeah." I nodded. "I've just been thinking a lot and I don't think this is good, we really need to end this." I just played with my food. 

"Where is this coming from?" He asked. "I thought it was going so well." He just stared at me. 

"I just don't feel the same way about you as I did with Soda and I want to find that again." I knew I still loved Soda but I just couldn't look at him or be with him until I got everything taken care off. 

"Your baby will be here soon, do you really want to do it on your own?" He asked. "I will help, I promised Soda." 

"No, I'll have Darry help and I'll be fine. I can do it on my own." I shook my head. "Just get everything out today, stop staying here, and we aren't anything. I have to go to work." I got up. 

"Can we talk about this after work?" He asked.

"No. My mind is made up." I shook my head and left for work. 

The entire time at work I was a mess but after I went to the hospital to see Soda. 

"Hi." I smiled when I walked in and saw Soda was awake.

"Hi babe." He smiled and took my hand. "How was work?" He asked. 

"Good." I smiled, we talked for a little bit before I looked at him. "Soda I have to tell you something." I bit my lip. 

"Is everything okay?" He asked.

"I cheated on you with Steve." I started to tear up and Soda let go of my hand. 

Authors note: Hi thank you so much for reading! I took like a year break but now I'm going to finish this one and possibly starting another story, let me know who you want it about!