Chapter 7

Sodapop's POV

I grabbed one of her hands and rubbed it as I though. "Alex, I love you." I blurted out. I couldn't didn't want to make her mad and leave, I knew I couldn't stay long and that was the best thing I could come up with to say, did I mean it? I wasn't sure. I did really have strong feelings for her, but I wasn't sure if it as love. I knew was going to regret it but I didn't want to make her upset. 

Alex's POV

My heart skipped a bit, Sodapop Curtis loved me? "I love you too." I smiled at him. I didn't know how love felt, but I really hoped this was love, it was really nice. He slowly lean in and kissed me. I gave him a deep kiss before pulling away. "Is that why you have been quiet lately?" I asked. 

"Yeah." He nodded and ran his fingers through his hair. 

I couldn't help but smile again. "You should probably go before my mom gets mad, I'll see you tomorrow morning." I kissed him one last time before he left. 

I spent the rest of the evening trying to do homework but it was hard, I couldn't focus. I had been so worried Soda was going to break up with me and then I get that news. I finally gave up and went to bed. 

The next morning I went down stairs and ate, then went to meet Soda as we walked to school. He was kinda quiet for a while. "You okay?" I asked. 

"Yeah, I just have something plan tonight for us." He smiled. I smiled and lean into him as we walked to school. 

We went though all our classes, he was pretty quite still. At lunch we talked a lot. "I have to work right after school so I won't be able to walk you home but I pick you up a little after 7, does that work?" He asked as we ate. 

"Yeah that sounds good." I nodded and smiled. After school I headed home, I slowly got ready for our date. 

At 7 he knocked on the door and I answered. "Hi." He smiled and greeted me with a kiss. 

"Hi." I kissed him back as I walked out of the house. He took my hand and we started walking. We did our normal date, dinner and a movie. He was really quiet, half way through the movie I looked at him. "What's wrong?" I asked. 

"Nothing." He shook his head. 

"Soda, I know you. You haven't been talking and normally by now we are making out." I looked at him. He shrugged. "Fine, just take me home then." I crossed my arms and say back. 

"Now?" He asked. 

"Yeah. I mean you aren't going to talk to me then might as well." I looked ahead. 

He sighed and we started to walk home. I knew better than to walk by myself from the movies. We didn't talk at all, he didn't even try to hold my hand. We got to my house and I looked at him. "Bye." I mumbled. 

"I'm sorry, I've just been really preoccupied with some other stuff." He looked at me. 

"Well then you shouldn't have asked me out." I left and went inside.  

I went up to my room and laid down. I didn't want to talk or see anyone. I feel asleep after a while, that was the first Friday since I moved that completely sucked. The rest of the weekend I never went out or Soda didn't come over. I didn't know what was going to happen to us, but I was really upset. 

Monday morning I ran a little late so he would wait for me. We always met in front of his house, normally I was waiting on him, but I wanted to wait to see if he was going to wait for me. It got really late and I never saw him out there so I started to walk to school. 

I got to my first class and he wasn't there. I went through all my morning classes without seeing him. At lunch I still sat with the gang even though I really didn't talk to any of them since Evie was too busy with Steve. "Do you know where Soda is?" I asked Ponyboy. 

"Uh no." He shook his head after he looked around for a second. 

"Oh okay, um thanks." I mumbled. 

I went through the rest of my day, I barely talked at all during the day. After school I walked home by myself. When I got home I waited about half an hour before going over his place. I knocked on the door, something I hadn't done in a while. 

Ponyboy came and answered the door. "Alex, what are you doing here?" He asked. 

"Is Soda home?" I asked. 

"No." He shook his head. 

"Oh, is he avoiding me?" I asked quietly. 

"When he gets home I'll tell him you stopped by." He tried to force a smile. 

"Okay thanks." I smiled a bit and went home. I went upstairs to my room, I figured he was home but didn't want to talk to me. I tried to keep from crying but it was hard. We had just told each other we loved each other and now we haven't talked in days.  

It started to get a little bit later and I figured he really was avoiding me since he still hadn't came over. "Alex, Sodapop is here!" My mom yelled up at me after a while. 

I got up and tried to make it looking like I hadn't been crying before I went down. "Hi." He smiled. 

"Hi." I mumbled looking down. 

"Can we talk?" He asked. 

"I guess." I stepped out on the porched and closed the door. I sat down on the edge and looked down. 

"I've missed you." He started and looked at me. 

"If you are going to break up with me then please just say it." My voiced cracked. 

"No, I don't want too." He shook his head and slowly grabbed my hand. 

"Then why haven't I seen you in 3 days since we fought and you weren't in school?" I asked looking at him. 

"I dropped out." I mumbled looking down.