It's not a date

After telling Harry I was more or less done working for the night, he asked me if I wanted to join him just.. going somewhere? To me, it seemed like he hadn't really planned what to do next - he looked a bit surprised after I replied "yeah, sure, why not."

At first I actually thought he was having a laugh, that he'd run off together with his friends, but no. They left and Harry stayed.

I was quicker and suggested that we could just stay at The Elephant's Head; I did work the closing shift, so technically I wasn't really finished working before I'd locked the doors, anyway.

And yeah, he was up for it (fortunately, God, 'cause I had (as might be expected) no pretty outfit ready in case he wanted to take me out to a fancy place).

Only Fernando was still around, but he was probably changing his outfit in the dressing room when I thought of him.

Changing.. my clothes. Of course. Shit.

I hurriedly excused myself and went to exchange a few quick words with Fernando as I would get properly dressed.

"Psst!" I said as I entered the dressing room. Fernando stood with his back to me, zipping his backpack closed. He turned around facing me, sliding one strap over his shoulder.

Jesus Christ, how he smirked.

"Yeeeeah?"

I crossed my arms, clearing my throat gently.

"I'm.. I'm thinking of c-closin' a bit later. Is that okay? I just thought I'd.."

I waved my hand, before I opened my locker to take out today's former outfit. Black jeans and an old blouse..?

Same shit, just not that stupid skirt and the black sweaty t-shirt I was now wearing.

Fernando grinned, teasing: "D'you intend gettin' him lushed up now, eh?"

"No?" I said and raised an eyebrow at him. He mirrored my expression.

"I just- y'know, I just thought I'd at least talk to him... I dunno! He's so nice! Like, for real, he's world peace in one body." I pulled off my t-shirt, raised my bra cups a bit up to air my breasts slightly.

"I really don't get it. Seriously."

I instantly looked at Fernando with a puzzled expression. He shifted his weight from one foot to the other.

He explained himself: "Out of all people, out of all nights... And he appears in here and wants to shag you?"

"Fernando! Jesus..! I've told you, we're just talking!" I snapped with a small inevitable smile, dabbing paper towels into my armpits.

"Talking, eh? Like, you're thinking of becoming his friend - a.. friendly friend he can hang out with in London - just until you sell the whole story to eonline... Y'know what? I think it's a date," he said.

I gaped, but he was not finished preaching: "..and how can you not believe that he has other plans in mind?"

"No-no! Listen, he's the sweetest! Like... so sweet. I have no problem spending an hour with him or something. It's not a date." I answered, pointing my nose a few centimetres up in the air before I went on: "It may be totally disaster, or.. or just a nice evening. C'mon, he's here now, I mean..."

Fernando laughed in despair while I pulled the white blouse over my head.

"You're sick. Sick in the head, y'know? I don't understand how you can be so calm around him..!" Fernando raised his voice, but couldn't hold back a grin. His smile rubbed off on me as I shushed him.