A different tour

"You look ridiculous," I said and pointed lazily with the whole of my hand at Harry.

Harry's hair had settled like a star over his forehead. With a blushing face he pulled the curls back with his fingers. I could stand like that for ages, seeing him blush with the deep dimples of his, and especially when his hair was wet and it slid raindrops from his nose and down his temple.

Personally, I was soaked and the black blouse was sticking up my skin.

The garage was very ordinary, very different from what I was expecting, really. It was rather empty, white, small...

A folded ping pong table in blue stood up against a wall.

"Do you play much?" I asked him to break the silence and tilted my head toward it. Harry looked in the direction I signalled to.

"Oh, yeah, er, well.. A lot on the road, y'know, as we, uuh, tour. But I haven't got to use this one much, not here at home, no." he pouted with a frown and put his hands on his hips.

He sniffled. Twice. I smiled - first gently and then bigger. And when he looked at me he smiled as well. So there we stood and looked at each other with smirks and squinted eyes.

But then Harry yawned abruptly and stretched his arms up in the air, before he pointed his thumb over his shoulder. It took me some seconds to realize that he was pointing at the door behind him.

"Should we go upstairs?"

I nodded in response, slightly embarrassed by the situation that has just occurred. I had just been standing there and let myself be hypnotized. And he just broke the silence by yawning?

Now it's awkward.

"Wow..!" I said impressed when we came up the stairs and walked onto the first floor. I walked in front of him as he had wished.

It smelled fresh in between the walls - as freshly washed laundry hanging out to dry - a soft, round and good smell. Strange, but typical homely.

I'll admit that just to be home at one of Britain's richest and most famous people gives you a good feeling about yourself. But if you're unlucky and get caught saying something that actually is a bit too soon or doing something you'll really regret afterwards - oh, you'll have that in mind for a long time.

We were standing in a large room, in a kind of foyer that worked as a nucleus for the kitchen, sitting room, dining room and staircase.

What a fucking difference to my flat with the same function, well, regarding the space, I mentally scoffed.

In one corner there was a big sofa set and a large, white bookcase that covered a whole wall. And there was a long sideboard that stood behind the sofa. Another wall was dominated by a large window located next to a big terrace door. Various standing lamps were scattered several places in the room. Harry turned on the lights in the ceiling and I looked down at my feet. The floor was laid with wood chips.

"Erm, so, yeah..!" His voice caught my attention immediately.

Harry put a hand on his hip again, while the fingers of the other hand played with his lower lip. With his forefinger and thumb he pinched in the middle of it.

"I.. I haven't gotten any television yet, but I expect to get one... Soon." he explained and sniffled a bit bothered. I had to smile at the sound of him saying "television", and not "telly" or "TV".

"Mh. Well, it's really nice! I love that window. And, wow, you've done very well with the sofa group in the corner." I said enthusiastically, pointing toward the sofas which I assumed was the hang-out-hook. I didn't dare to start walking around yet, I was after all still wearing my shoes.