Ravaged

I unlocked the front door and stepped inside before Harry. The door closed itself with a heavy rumbling behind us. It was dark in the corridor, so I switched on the light inside of June's room. The ceiling lamp in there shone brightly enough for us to see to some extent in the outer corridor. As it always was.

Harry bent down and began to loosen up his shoelaces on the black lacquered shoes, while I simply tossed my flat ones in the corner of the corridor. I went straight into the bathroom and decided to leave the door open. In that way I made sure Harry understood that I was open for conversation, and I wouldn't need to light any candles to see shit.

Then I listened to Harry humming Fool To Cry by The Rolling Stones, the song he'd played when I was visiting his house.

I've been to his house once... And now he's spending the night. Is this going to fast? I wondered.

But as I watched him trying to hang his blazer on a peg where it already hung way too many jackets, I had to scoff at my thoughts. I did that a lot.

He stopped in the doorway to the bathroom and looked at me while I removed my earrings. We were both tired, I guessed,  neither of us said something.

He still hummed on this tune while he studied me. I noticed I was being a little awkward, but chose to just let him watch me finding some cleansing wipes to remove my makeup.

"I was thinking about making some tea, if that's alright. Fancy a cup?" he asked me and went out to the kitchen two metres away. I nodded, until I realized that he couldn't see me.

"Ah, yes, please. Would you be a sweetheart and fetch the green tea, please..?" I said.

"Alright!" he said grunting, supposedly he was stretching out - followed by the sound of him filling water in the kettle from the tap.

I had originally planned to brush my teeth and get ready for bed. The time was approaching midnight and I was going to work in the morning. But some tea with Harry couldn't hurt.

The water began to boil when I came into the kitchen. Harry stood next to the kettle and leaned against the kitchen counter facing me. He smiled when our eyes met and I smiled back at him.

"Every time I look at you, you take my breath away." he muttered shortly afterwards and then continued to look at me with the same smile.

I rolled my eyes bothered and sighed: "No makeuuup, woohoo, isn't that what they usually say..? Hah. And, by the way, you've already said it, like, a hundred times tonight, Harry."

"And I'll gladly continue. See what you do with the water over here, too, huh?" he joked and tried to send me a compelling sight. He pointed at the boiling water.

I laughed and went to the kitchen cabinet above the sink to bring down two teacups and put them ready on the counter by Harry.

He waited for the water to get ready before he poured the steaming hot water in the cups. I found two tea bags with green tea, assumed that it wasn't all too important what kind of tea he would have.

"Wait! Is it decaf?" he asked anyway, and made me jump silently.

I looked at him briefly to see if he was just having a laugh, but I still read the ingredient list on the back of the tea pack.

"Mmm... yes!" I replied and showed it to him. He nodded satisfied and watched as I put a bag in each cup.

Harry thanked me, took one of the cups in his hands and headed for the sofa.

"Ow, ow, ow!" I heard him whisper to himself - the cup was naturally fiery against the fingers.

I walked after him with a little smile, and we sat close together on the sofa and enjoyed the silence we finally got.