The weed opportunity

Later we went into the bathroom together and we brushed our teeth in front of the mirror. Harry spit in the sink, he looked down at me and reminded me of what was said during the interview, said he was proud of me, like I'd been put on trial. I avoided bringing up that he sounded like bloody Pete, said I was proud of him, too, and crawled into bed next to him.

Harry fell asleep immediately and for some reason this made me feel like four years old again, whenever mum slept next to me in my tiny bed. She would always fall asleep at once, leaving me listening to her snoring for the next fifty-eight minutes. 

And now, lying next to him..? I was unable to sleep. The words I'd said to him before he fell asleep about me being proud of him as well... His snoring was all I could hear, except the noise in my own head. 

'I'm proud of you, too', like c'mon, I thought, rolling my eyes at the ceiling. 

Who says that to someone who does shit like this.. everyday?! 

I couldn't close my eyes, no matter how hard I tried. I concluded that it must have been thanks to the long nap I'd had earlier. 

I reached for my phone, plugged in and charging on the bedside table. It told me the time was approaching midnight.

I don't know where it came from, but I slipped on some light clothes, walked out of the bedroom and found my handbag in the living room. 

I grabbed my cigarettes and thought: Well, at least I'm not smoking any weed... 

And Harry was sleeping, how could it do any damage then? Seriously. Think about it.

I picked up Harry's key card on a table by the entrance, and tried to be as quiet as possible when I sneaked out of the room. I closed the door gently and took a step out into the centre of the corridor. 

I could see a figure standing at the end of it, and I was surprised to see it was Louis. He was laughing as he was looking into another room. I'd always loved my lightweight cotton sleep shorts, but now I was standing there making sure the bloody piece of clothing wasn't too revealing. 

When I looked up again, Louis had noticed me and offered me a kind of odd smile. He didn't know where to set his eyes, probably. I knew he was standing outside Liam and Niall's room, but what was he up to?

He was wearing a gray hoodie and joggers and large white tennis socks. No shoes. 

I smiled at him, but I knew the smile was saying: oh-hiii-well-this-is-awkward.

"Billie's here." Louis kept his voice low, but I could still hear him. I had originally planned to go ahead, but had no clue where to go. 

A sentence sounded from Liam, I guessed it was his, but I couldn't catch it.

"Yeah? 'K, yeah, sure." Louis said.

And then there was another sentence from one of the boys I couldn't hear, except for a joyful cheer.

Louis glanced at me again with wide-open eyes.

"Goin' out?" he asked and smiled, oh, he was uncomfortable, but he was referring to my pack of cigarettes as he pointed at it. 

"Uhm.. Yeeeeah, I just dunno quite where to go, a-and-and - " I mumbled and looked down at the floor.

"Come again?" he said and I looked at him. He frowned, leaning slightly toward me.

I went up to him, raising my voice a bit: "I just said that I'm on my way out, yes, but... I dunno where, exactly." 

Louis made this.. sort of confused aahh-sound and nodded once.