Harry's a lightweight

June and Felix went on partying with some friends and people they'd met, and according to Harry, one of them was Ian.

Mh-hm?

Cal and Vince went home as we decided to leave the club. We were on the verge of being able to call ourselves pretty drunk, but we were both still clear enough. The clock was approaching midnight when Harry ordered a taxi that would take us to the Thames.

That night we held hands as we walked side by side along the river. Our hair danced in the caressing of summer wind. It was amazing, life was wonderful. Not because of the alcohol in my system, but just strolling along the Thames with Harry and the smell of summer made everything right.

"You drink like a fucking 20-year-old college girl, this is the best thing I've seen all my life." I teased him.

And he was like: "Yeaaaah, and I'm not proud of it. Harry's a lightweight, he is..."

A couple of people passed us now and then - very few of them noticed Harry.

It wasn't until we had walked past Whitehall Gardens that a young man stopped with his friends and stared at us.

Suddenly we heard the drunk boys screaming hysterically, singing: "YEAH, C'MON, IT IS HIM - baby you light up my world like nobody ee-eelse! The way that you flip - "

Harry chuckled quietly, shaking his head. Then he peered at me, a look that sought a kind of acceptance, which was odd but alright.

As we walked, he threw his arm around my shoulders, and reflexively I put my arm around his waist.

And suddenly, Harry hiccuped. He lost his balance and almost fell backwards, but I caught the tall body of his just in time.

"I hate tequila, fuck me..." he moaned.

Then he brightened up and looked like a little squirrel, and he exclaimed: "I just realised - I'm a well known person."

I laughed briefly: "I know!"

"A-are you a well known person?" Harry hiccuped again and pulled me closer to him, since a few staggering steps to the side caused some distance between us.

"No, I'm not well known in any way."

But I probably will be now: Billie Hampton - Harry Styles' personal bodyguard during his intoxicated conditions.

"Well, I'm an international well known person. Like.."

"Uh-huh, yeah, you certainly are!"

"I can't even remember why... It was something about.. a band, and - "

"You also twerked on live TV."

"What?!"

"Uh-huh."

"Ah, blimey O'Reilly..." He hiccuped again, gasping bigger this time.

I looked up at him, measured the small distance there was between our faces. I just wanted to kiss him again.

No, I wanted more than that. I could not grasp why I suddenly thought about it so much - why all his movements, glances and his voice made my whole body go mad.

It must've been his kisses.

"What is iiiit?" Harry smiled in a sort of excessive, Scottish accent. He gave me an inquiring glance, but I refused to meet his eyes.

I shook my head quickly, squeaking: "Nothing!"

"I can see there's something. Tell me!"

Before I got to protest, he lifted his head suddenly and looked up at the grey sky with a thoughtful gaze.

"Aaah, I know..." he said.

I froze: "Huh - what?"

"Ahh... Y'know about my secret..." He tried to keep a straight face and shook his head slightly.

"What secret?" I asked with a smile and felt a little relief.

Well, as long as he wasn't about to answer like.. My secret is that I know you're horny for me, or I've slept with David Cameron. In what other way d'you think we got to do One Way Or Another outside Downing Street, eh?

"No, I can't tell you! Well, you know about it anyway, so... Oh, OK, it, ahem.. It may be that I have a crush on you."

"Oh yeah?" I sneered, now having tons of butterflies in my stomach to deal with.

"Yeah. It is, uhm... Well, yeah."

Harry didn't dare to look at me, just peered over at the other side of the river, admiring the view. But he wouldn't release his grip on me.

"How?" I challenged him, and wet my lips.

"What? Well, I mean... OK, so you're very funny. And you are nice, and I really appreciate nice people. But y'know... To me, you are very special." He looked into my eyes, deadly serious. I smiled, looking at his lips.

Fucking kiss me, please.

"And I really think you're the most beautiful woman in the world. It's your face, I think. It's... y'know, it's dizzying. I'm totally serious, 'K? You have golden hair and blue eyes, like.. or... Or are they green? No. No, they're definitely blue, but a hint of grey, perhaps..?"

He looked at me with scrutinizing eyes. My mouth hung slightly open.

"Did you see that? What I just did? I had to analyse your beauty and I catch myself doing it all the time, because I somehow have to know, and I have to look at you. You are very, like... I could never forget you or your face, for that matter, and I will probably never will," he babbled with blurry consonants, but I caught every single word.

About thirty minutes later we sat in the back seat of another taxi on our way home. The taxi ride would be extremely expensive, and for some reason I would not let it go. I must've looked like a needy mess; I sat next to Harry with my long arms around his neck, staring out of the window behind Harry's head, and my lips against his ear. 

I kept hiccuping as I repeated: "So, so expensive, it's going to be so expensive, so much money... So expensive..."

But Harry just continuously shook his head as I repeated myself, and I saw him smirking slightly, though I thought he tried to hide it. 

We approached Hammersmith when Harry started talking about plans for a tour that was to be announced in the coming days.

I didn't dare to ask about it, I just backed a bit off, examining his face.

His green eyes were shining as he talked about new production designs, stage diving and bottled water. My heart hammered, but my mind wandered a bit. I.. I had mixed feelings about the words he'd said earlier. He had said the most beautiful words, but that wasn't it.

"..I could never forget you or your face, for that matter, and I will probably never will."

Now what the fuck was that supposed to mean? That he had never forgotten me during the last year or that he was not going to forget me because he was going to leave and.. and never come back? To me?

I recall looking at him for a couple of seconds too long and blinking a few times too much before the taxi stopped outside my flat.