Réservé

We were a little squad heading to the other hotel in town. All of the boys were with us and a few other people from the staff.

Harry was right - the weather was outstanding. I found myself catching my breath as I drank in the view. Summer in France, making the city drown in a violet colour, but also a bit peach coloured - due to the beautiful lights dancing across the busy streets below. And the sound of the traffic rushing by from where I stood at the edge of the railing. And the Eiffel Tower, of course.

It felt like I had a part to play in some romantic film by Woody Allen. The birds flew across the sky and church bells sang not far away. Six o'clock.

The hotel's restaurant was known for its excellent food and location. A little posh perhaps, but when the quality of food was this high I supposed it had to be allowed to use some big words.

And again, I thought. They do have shitloads of money, so why not, yeah?

This.. rooftop restaurant could remind a bit of a nightclub, perhaps, with matching chairs and tables in wood - white cushions and lanterns which were located randomly around.

It was like being inside a bar on a tropical island, just without the roof, and that it was outside and on top of a huge building.

We kept a certain distance from the other guests. Rich people, I assumed, they must have paid a fortune for the food and sitting. A staircase and some partitions were the only things that separated us from them, yeah, well, and apart from the distance.

And of course the area we had occupied was marked by some some signs here and there, saying 'Réservé/Reserved'.

Harry was genuinely in a good mood. With his long eyelashes, a big hat on his head, dimples and big eyes, falling laughter and saying stuff like: "It looks like someone has taken a handful of glitter and thrown it as far as the eye could see, y'know, with the lights everywhere..."

Oh, I could easily imagine how he'd looked like as a little boy.

He had his arm around me as we sat around the table after dinner. I liked that. I liked his arm, his hand. I liked to look at him. I liked to hear his voice, I liked how it resonated down to my toes.

I ordered a broccolini and chilli spaghetti with pangrattato. I had a conversation with Harry on becoming a vegetarian or vegan. We discussed food, what was healthy food, why eat healthy. 

And why cheese burgers were my absolutely favourite food in the whole wide world and Niall and Zayn laughed.

Everyone included me in the conversations - a whole lot more than I had expected. Not that I did expect that they wouldn't, but it came rather suddenly and it made me feel so good and thankful, something that even surprised me.

We also talked about everything from tomorrow's concert to film we saw in July. Everyone had something to say, even stories were told - stories from their childhood they apparently hadn't told each other already. This made me feel special. I mean.. I thought they knew everything about each other, but clearly not. I assumed this was one of those times they really opened up - and only after a pint each.

Harry and I decided to move over to a sofa with fluffy pillows in the corner of the rooftop. We were quiet as the sun set on the sky in front of us. I combed my fingers through my hair, forgot my pushed-back sunglasses and knocked them to the ground.

The sun was sinking faster now and the whole sky was turning pink. Everything was perfect.

I just wished I had a cigarette.

Harry had come up to me before we sat down with a glass of red, and now, while I was enjoying it, I noticed that he had fallen asleep looking like a sort of hipster-cowboy with his hat low over his eyes. He rested his arm on the back of the sofa behind me.