Pressure

"June! I'm home!" I shouted when I closed the front door. I attempted to let go of my shoulder bag but the strap had stuck itself in my hair. I swore out loud when it tugged.

"F-fuck.. June?!" I tried again, but still didn't receive any answer. I finally got ripped loose the bag, kicked off my shoes and held the dress bag over my head while I trotted into the kitchen.

It was quiet in the flat, some rays of sun stretched out through the patio doors. I gently put the dress bag on the large sofa. I looked at it.

It contained the dress Harry had gotten for me. I'd picked it up at Harrods in the Gucci department to retrieve it. I'd been dumbfounded when I learned where I was to get it, and speechless when I learned what brand it was.

I still hadn't taken a look at it, I'd been looking forward to do it with June, but she clearly wasn't at home. With a bit trembling fingers, I pulled down the zipper on the bright blue dress bag. The first thing I could see through the crack was something white.

When I pulled out the dress and held it up in front of me, I swallowed a lump in my throat and had to use my free hand to cover my gaping mouth.

The dress was so pretty but so simple - and it was so me - just ten times more expensive and more beautiful.

It was completely white in fairly thick cloth. It had long sleeves and round neck. Not snug - somehow it was a little baggy - but at the same time turned inward. And it wasn't too short, but not too long either. It would perhaps reach me to the middle of my thighs..?

Oh, you, Harry bloody Styles.. I thought to myself with my eyes staring at the dress.

I hung it on a hanger in the bathroom and peeked at it there for a moment with an admiring glance.

Then my phone rang in my purse, and I ran out after it hoping it might would be Harry who called so that I could thank him for the dress. But there was another familiar number that occupied my phone screen. I put it to my ear after opening up for conversation.

"Billie, it's Pete!" I heard my stepfather say. I smiled at the enthusiasm in his voice.

"Hey, Pete, how are you this mornin'?"

"Ah, good, everything's good. It's raining down here - I guess it will creep over the capital as the hours go by, as well." he said and yawned.

"Oh, let's hope not. If so, I have to get the laundry rack inside..."

"Yeah, you better do that. Erm - Billie - there's one thing I'm wondering. I think I've killed Regina's computer, y'see. I was searching for some addresses on it, but the mouse suddenly won't move or react as I click the bottons."

I started to laugh.

"..and Regina isn't home and she isn't answering their phone.. and... Ah, this is so hopeless, we sh- "

"Take it easy, Pete. You've probably touched the wrong button. D'you see a little white dot in the corner of the square - on the mouse on the keyboard?"

"Erm, yeah, I can see it..." Pete sounded terrified, but calmed down now.

"OK. Good. Just tap with your index finger - very quickly. Twice."

I waited for an answer and went into the bathroom again.

"Did it work?" I asked.

"Ah, yes! Yes, yes, yes..! Now it works. Oh, stupid thing... Why have such a function?"

I didn't believe he understood much and began to laugh again.