The typical love story

After I'd turned down the heat on the tomato soup and cleared the kitchen counters (even though Harry screamed from upstairs that it wasn't for me to do), I could finally place myself in the doorway to the bathroom.

I looked at Harry in front of me leaning himself over the bathtub edge with his hand into the water.

"Perfect!" he muttered merrily to himself and jumped when our eyes met in the mirror. He swore quietly, sighing with relief.

I laughed shortly as I leaned against the doorframe and crossed my arms over my chest: "Sorry!"

"No worries, I'm fine, i-it was me, I.." 

He shook briefly on the head with a slight smile, scratching his neck. 

"Yeah, erm, everything should be settled now." he said, but didn't seem fully satisfied. Then he walked past me, and a little wind of his scent hung left in the room as he went down the stairs. 

It sounded like he was fetching something in the kitchen. I peeked into the bathtub - filled with piping hot water and a whole layer of foam.

Then the sound of Harry coming up the stairs stole my attention, but it sounded like if he stopped after a few steps. I closed my eyes for a few seconds, but opened them again as I heard a quick bang outside the room. 

"Oh my God, what was that?!" I asked loudly with my pulse pounding in my temples. But I had actually recognized the sound. 

Did he open a bottle of champagne, or something?

"Eeeerm..!" I heard Harry say in a rising tone. "W-well, it's a surprise - you just get in the tub!"

I heard glass jingle before Harry ran downstairs again, and still facing the door - halfway seeing out of it - I stripped off my wet clothes in quick movements. 

I stepped into the tub and made a few squeaks as I felt the hot water embrace my cold skin. It felt like both of my legs were about to etch away. I sank slowly and gently into the water and after a minute I began to feel comfortable. 

I dipped the back of my head in the water, imagining that the the rain wet hair melted in the heat. Then I noticed that Harry had put way too much soap in here. Like.. when I put my knees up to have them above the water surface, many layers of foam made them look like tall, white mountaintops.

Suddenly I felt like a little child again, but that didn't last for long: "Oh, look at you." 

Harry was suddenly there, walking into the room with a serving tray. On the tray there were two champagne glasses and a bunch of tealights. And in his other hand he held an opened champagne bottle.

At first I felt like I almost got floored by the sight - and I was speechless for a few long seconds. Then I smiled embarrassed, and even though I knew the answer, I asked: "So that was the little bang, yeah? You opened the champagne."

"Yeah, and, er.. Here are some candles as well..." he said with long vowels and placed some of the tealights in every corner of the bathtub. He also placed a few on the sideboard by the sink. Humming to himself, it was clearly that he'd been drinking wine and I smiled.

 I was intending to comment on it, but then I suddenly froze.

Two champagne glasses. And candles? 

Oh, God, he actually plans to participate in the bathtub activity.

"What? You look worried..." he laughed gently but sounded nervous as he pulled off his white t-shirt over his back in an elegant movement.