Whiplash

I looked at Harry with a pout as he wet his.

"We're not gonna talk about it, ait?" he said with a tone like he was talking to a little child. I finally nodded in agreement and sighed while I tucked my hair behind my ears.

"C'mere," he whispered and pushed me down closer to him by pressuring his hands in the lowest part of my back, giving me no other choice but doing what he wanted me to.

"I don't.. want to hear things like that, d'you understand?" he declared after placing both his hands along my jaw line. He spread his fingers and the tips of them pressured against my skin. I wanted look away, but didn't get the chance.

When the fuck did you become all Christian Grey?

"When you say stuff like that..." he started to say with his deep voice and his face softened a piece.

"Ah, how can I explain it..?" He wet his lips again.

"W-when you say things like that, I.. I feel that I don't have the chance to hold onto you. Like... I get this hopeless feeling that I might lose you, y'see? I'm afraid that you can't endure the distance. It doesn't mean that I'm not going to miss you more than you'll miss me, of course."

Aw. But.. hold on a sec.

Harry continued his monologue: "I'm just afraid that you cannot cope with the fact that I'm constantly out on the road. But think about it - this is my life. Like... My job - what I do - is my life."

I jerked away a bit, but didn't crawl off him. I liked to sit like this and look down at him, it made me feel a sense of having the upper hand.

"Excuse me?" I snapped, but I didn't sound as offended as I really wanted to.

"You think I'm asking you to give up your career for me?! Because - Harry - I am not."

He seemed surprised, but not in a hurt kind of way. It though looked like he wanted to say something, but he remained silent.

"Look - " he then attempted and frowned as deeply as his voice. I stopped him by holding up a finger in the air in front of his nose.

"No, you look. That's mental! I just tried to say that I think it's sad that I can't be with you all the time, of course I want to. It - "

But then he was the one interrupting me: "..I just don't want you to feel it's too hard being separated. Y'know? There... There are periods I might not be at home more than one weekend during a month. I... I want this to work!"

"Yeah, alright, but a possibility of things being difficult at times doesn't mean that we'll have to stop seeing each other indefinitely..?" I inhaled deeply, realizing my voice was shaky.

Did he really mean this or was it all just Harry talking rubbish?

I lifted myself up from him and out of bed and walked over to switch on the lights.

"No! No, that's not what I'm sayin'!" His voice rose and the dark sound of it resounded in my chest. He had set himself up in a sitting position, leaning forward in bed. I sighed, perhaps a bit too aggressive, walked away and headed into bathroom.

I could hear him coming after me, his bare heels hammering on the marble. I still flipped on the light, cringed, but forced myself to look at his reflection in the mirror over the sink.

He was naked, and I was fully aware that I was standing there about to brush my teeth without a stitch on myself. He just kept standing there right behind me with his back leaning against the white tile wall.