Facing Death {The Lazarus Project}

Lazarus: I sat here, just a child. The sound of planes and bombs outside.

The Doctor: The Blitz.

Lazarus: You've read about it?

The Doctor: I was there.

Lazarus: You're too young.

The Doctor: So are you.

The Doctor: Facing death is part of being human. You can't change that.

Lazarus: No, Doctor! Avoiding death. That's being human. It's our strongest impulse. To cling to life with every fiber of being. I'm only doing what everyone before me has tried to do. I've simply been more... successful.

The Doctor: Look at yourself! You're mutating. You've no control over it. You call that a success?

Lazarus: I call it progress. I'm more now than I was. More than just an ordinary human.

The Doctor: There's no such thing as an ordinary human.

Lazarus: You so sentimental Doctor. Maybe you are older than you look.

The Doctor: I'm old enough to know that a longer life isn't always a better one. In the end you just get tired. Tired of the struggle. Tired of losing everyone that matters to you. Tired of watching everything turn to dust. If you live long enough, Lazarus, the only certainty left is that you'll end up alone.

Lazarus: That's a price worth paying.

Lazarus: I will feed soon.

The Doctor: I'm not going to let that happen.