Heaven Sent

The Doctor: As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow. Never faster, never slower. Always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long. You will sit too still or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.

🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧

The Doctor: If you think because she's dead I'm weak, then you understand very little. If you were any part of killing her, and you're not afraid, then you understand nothing at all. So for your own sake, understand this: I am the Doctor. I'm coming to find you, and I will never, ever stop.

🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧

The Doctor: I can't keep doing this. I can't, I can't always do this. It's not fair! Clara, it's just not fair! Why can't I just lose! {NO!} But I can remember, Clara. You don't understand. I can remember it all. Every time. And you'll still be gone. Whatever I do, you still won't be there.

Clara: Doctor, you are not the only person who ever lost someone. It's the story of everybody. Get over it. Beat it. Break free. Doctor, it's time. Get up off your ass. And win.

🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧

The Doctor: People always get it wrong with Time Lords. We take forever to die. Even if we're too injured to regenerate, every cell in our bodies keeps trying. Dying properly can take days. It's why we like to die among our own kind. They know not to bury us early. I think, in my current condition, it'll take me about a day and a half to reach the top of the tower. I think, if I'm lucky, I have a day and a half. I have to do this, Clara. It's the only way. I have to be strong. I should have known from the very beginning. Of course. The portrait of you, the creature from my own nightmares. This place is my own bespoke torture chamber. Intended for me only. And all the skulls, and the water. How could there be other prisoners in my hell. The answer of course is there were never any other prisoners. And the stars, they weren't in the wrong place. And I haven't time travelled. I've just been here a very, very long time. Every room resets. Remember I told you that? Every room reverts to its original condition. Logically, the teleporter should do the same. Teleporter. Fancy word. Just like 3D printers, really. Except they break down living matter and information and transmit it. All you have to do is add energy. The room has reset. Returned to its original condition when I arrived. That means there's a copy of me still in the hard drive. Me, exactly as I was when I first got here, seven thousand years ago. All I have to find is some energy. And all you need for energy is something to burn.

🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧🕧

The Doctor: If you think because she's dead I'm weak, then you understand very little. If you were any part of killing her and you're not afraid, then you understand nothing at all. So for your own sake, understand this: I'm the Doctor. I'm coming to find you. And I will never ever stop.