The Day Of The Doctor

(This is a very long chapter)

Clara: "Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." Marcus Aurelius.

_________________________________________

The Doctor: Fancy a week in ancient Mesopotamia? Followed by Future Mars.

Clara: Will there be cocktails?

The Doctor: On the moon.

Clara: The moon'll do.

_________________________________________

Clara: You okay?

The Doctor: He was there.

Clara: Who was?

The Doctor: Me. The other me. The one I don't talk about.

Clara: I don't understand.

The Doctor: I've had many faces, many lives. But I don't admit to all of them. There's one life I've tried very hard to forget. He was the Doctor who fought in the Time War and that was the day he did it. THe day I did it. The day he killed them all. The last day of the Time War. The war to end all wars. Between my people and the Daleks. And in that battle there was a man with more blood on his hands than any other. A man who would commit a crime that would silence the universe. And that man was me.

do.

_________________________________________

The War Doctor: It's activated. Get out of here! {he touches the Moment} Ow!

Rose: What's wrong?

The War Doctor: The interface is hot!

Rose: Well I do my best.

_________________________________________

The War Doctor: You're the interface?

Rose: They must have told you the Moment had a conscience. Hello! Oh look at you. Stuck between a girl and a box. Story of your life, eh Doctor?

The War Doctor: You know me?

Rose: I hear you. All of you. Jangling around in that dusty old head of yours. I chose this face and form especially for you. It's from your past. Or possibly your future. I always get those two mixed up.

The War Doctor: I don't have a future.

Rose: I think I'm called... Rose Tyler. No. Yes, no. Sorry, no no. In this form, I'm called... Bad Wolf. Are you afraid of the big bad wolf, Doctor?

The War Doctor: Stop calling me Doctor.

Rose: That's the name in your head.

The War Doctor: It shouldn't be. I've been fighting this war for a long time. I've lost the right to be the Doctor.

Rose: Then you're the one to save us all.

The War Doctor: Yes.

Rose: If I ever develop an ego you've got the job.

_________________________________________

The War Doctor: If you have been inside my head, then you know what I've seen. The suffering. Every moment in time and space is burning. It must end. And I intend to end it the only way I can.

Rose: And you're going to use me to end it. By killing them all. Daleks and Time Lords alike. I could. But there will be consequences for you.

The War Doctor: I have no desire to survive this.