Chapter One

*******************

Hey loved to listen to your comments on my book let me know please. The picture is of my main character Tana

(A/N) Author's Note

*******************

(((*Tana*)))

        Getting woken up at 7 in the morning by your older brother Derek slamming your door against the wall in a panic yelling, "Tana get up, I need you to take me to work my truck won't start." Well lets just say it's not fun...

       I groaned burying my face deeper in to my pillows, "No, ask mom to take you".

"Come on Tana please, I'm gonna be late so please??" He begged desperately.

"Fine" I whined rolling out of bed, "fix that damn thing, it's summer, school just ended, no more morning classes, frankly I shouldn't be up right now..."

Grabbing my keys I slid my shoes on saying, "come on stupid ". I mumbled.

"Thanks Tana, I'll get you coffee if you stop at dunkin on the way". He tried subtly hinting.

         I didn't reply as I walked past him towards the front door. Stepping on to the porch I took a deep breath, mornings were one of the best things about my small town in Maine, clean fresh air, so quiet, no cars buzzing about or human made noises just nature and it's wildlife.

"Come on Tana hurry up!" Derek yelled as he slid in to the passenger seat of my car.

" Oh shut it I'm coming." I yelled right back at him, making my way to the car.

(((*Unknown*)))

"It's time, we can't wait any longer, we need to bring her here and we need to do it now, we've already waited to long as it is. She needs to prepare." He said in a calm voice that radiated power and authority.

       I knew he was right, though it still didn't feel right, taking Tana from her life and thrusting all this responsibility on her shoulders. "I know sir it just doesn't feel right." I said staring at the floor.

"that's because it isn't right, her mother should of let me care for her instead of leaving her with some human woman." he said pacing around, "I could of prepared her!" He said roughly rubbing the back of his head.

"You know it had to be that way, she saw it all when she was pregnant with Tana. She had no choice but to place Tana with the human. Don't dwell on the past it won't change anything. It'll only make you regret something when you were given no options." I said trying to give him relief from his guilt.

"Yeah yeah, your right. Well lets go ruin Tana's life" he said making his way out of the door.

"That's the spirit..." I said sarcastically.

(((*Tana*)))

          While driving home from dropping Derek off at work I couldn't shake this feeling of being watched...no...watched isn't the right word it's like I was being stalked by a predator. I tried brushing the feeling off but it just came back stronger, with the sense of impending doom about to crash down on me with the fury of the almighty gods of the heavens looking to destroy me. Which is completely stupid, I'm an 21 year old nobody in the middle of nowhere, shit like that doesn't happen to someone like me. Even as I try to convince myself I was being stupid I found myself becoming more terrified, what if I'm wrong? What if something horrible is about to happen?

          I was driving down my street towards my house when a man just appeared in the middle of the road in front of my car. Slamming on the brakes I wrenched the steering wheel to the right barely missing him, I didn't have anytime to correct or stop the car before I skidded sideways towards the edge of the road and proceeded to roll down the embankment and crash into a tree at the bottom crushing the passenger door sending glass towards my body leaving cuts all over my face, arms, chest. As the car hit the tree I smacked the side of my head off the driver side window hard enough to shatter, making more glass rain down on me.

        I sat there for a few moments disoriented, trying to figure out just how hurt I actually am, I can feel small cuts on my face but what worried me was the feeling of blood moving down the side of my head, down my neck and soaking in to my shirt, my shoulder felt like it could be dislocated probably from hitting the door, I think I might broken ribs, other than that I'm mostly okay. I have to get out of the car though, but with my shoulder and ribs I need help, I can't get the door open...

      As I rested my head on the back of the seat, my door is ripped open a man's terrified and worried face coming in to view, he is talking to me but I can't hear a word coming out of his beautifully shaped mouth over the ringing in my ears.

       This man is gorgeous, absolutely stunning that was until I saw his eyes. They were black with a silver line down the middle almost cat like, highly creepy, extremely demonish. I blinked trying to make the eyes go away.

      I feel myself growing weak, sleepy, probably from blood loss. I tried to fight it as the guy reached for me, I tried to move away sending pain through my body making me groan in pain, "No, please....don't" I whispered. He moved his lips again but i still only heard the ringing in my ears.

    I feel his arms go around me, I try pushing him away but it has no effect on him as he lifted me out of the car as I whispered, "Demon...". Before passing out. I don't think this is going to end with me waking up in a hospital... Guess I should of listened to my instincts.

well shit....

(*Author's Note*)

-Hey, I really hope you guys will like my story, been writing for a while, haven't let anyone read any of it before though. I'd love to get your feedback and your vote!!!