Chapter Four

I shot up into a sitting position the second I woke up. Ryder bolted to my side quickly babbling, "Tana! Thank god, are you okay? Does anything hurt? Can I get you anything?"

I stared at him like he'd grown two heads, 'dramatic much? I think someone needs to calm down just a little bit...'

"Shit", He said, "Do you still not know who I am?" He asked reluctantly.

I climbed out of bed, quickly walking towards the bathroom saying, "Calm down Ryder, I remember everything." I said closing the door behind me. After I did my long overdue toilet business I was washing my hands when I remember what I should be doing.

I darted out if the bathroom muttering, "shit shit shit, I forgot, how could I forget about him." I rushed down the halls towards the portal, thankfully remembering how to get there. I opened the door and sat down preparing for the wait, taking inventory of my body. I didn't feel to bad, my skin felt tight and my body was sore but other than that though I was fine.

Before I had the chance to process what was happening, Ryder was yanking me off the floor and into his arms. "Tana I really don't think you should be up right now. Tana why were you muttering about forgetting, forgetting what?" He asked.

"I forgot about Raiju, he is the reason I came back. I was stuck in my mind I didn't remember anything. I was going to stay there until Raiju showed up and helped me remember my life. He's on his way here now, I have to wait for him." I said staring out the door.

"What? So some guy you dreamed up is coming here? Tana he isn't real, he was a part of your dream that's it." Ryder said.

"Yes he is coming here, Raiju said that he's my witches companion of sorts and he's been waiting 21 years to be by my side and if you're right about him not being real than whats harm in waiting for a bit?" I asked shrugging my shoulders.

"Okay we'll wait but I say I'm right," He mumbled before setting me back down into my position on the floor and took the spot next to me.

"Hey Ryder?" I said as I stared out at the stars through the portal.

"Yea Tana?"

"I'm sorry about before, you know being so cold towards. After what happened in town and how I am mostly likely going to die soon." I sighed turning my head towards him, as I opened my mouth to continue a howl boomed through the portal like thunder. I jumped up from my spot. my eyes searching the horizon for him, "Raiju," I whispered sill not seeing him.

"No that was a wolf."

"Yea I know," I said when Raiju came running into view, his eyes still glowing blue along with the blue designs on his body. He stopped just outside of the portal, letting out a low whine.

"Tana close the door!" Ryder said in a worried tone.

"No, Raiju please come in." I whispered. Raiju slowly walked through right up to me and rubbing up against me, making my skin tingle.

"You have no idea how long 21 years feels when you have to wait to be with your...witch and watch from a distance." Raiju said through our mind connection. I glanced at Ryder who was staring at Raiju confused and a bit red in the face.

"Ryder are you okay?" I asked, 'Probably weirded out by the talking wolf,' I thought.

"Tana he can't hear me unless I allow him to. He thought I was a human male not a...wolf, you forgot to mention that pat to him." Raiju scolded.

Raiju let out a chuckle and nudged me on my shoulder with his head, pushing me towards Ryder. I laid my hand on his chest. "Hey what's going on in that head of yours?" I asked softly.