Chapter 9

Hailey's P.o.v.

I wake up to the sun shining in. I rub my eyes and sit up. Beth isn't there. I walk out of her room and go into the bathroom. I look at my hair. I hope the rest of the group came because my bag that has my brush is in the R.V. My eyes trail down to my neck. The bruise has formed and it's not pretty. I go to touch it but quickly move my hand away. It freaking hurts. I walk out of the bathroom and go downstairs. The rest of the group are here. I go sit down and as I do all eyes are on me.

James walks out of the kitchen and drops his Nemo toy. He runs to me and hugs me tightly around my neck. I cry in pain and he quickly pulls away.

"Sissy are you okay? What happened to your neck?" He asks looking at it. I look at Shane then back at James.

"Nothing. I hurt it. Nothing to worry about baby boy."

James picks up his Nemo and sits on my lap. I watch as Lori walks into the room where Carl is with a tray of food. My stomach grew with excitement.

"Is he awake?" I ask looking around the room. They nod. I get James off of me and run into the room.

He's awake! He's alright!

Carl looks up at me and smiles but that quickly fades.

"Hailey what happened to your neck!" He screams but whinces in pain after. I wanted to cry. I wanted to crawl up in that bed and hold him...I wanted him to hold me. I don't know how I'm supposed to hold these feelings in.

"Lori do you think you can give us sometime to talk please?" I ask. She nods then leaves. Once the door shut I pulled up a chair and sat beside the bed. As I look at Carl tears began to form. I couldn't hold it, I let it out. Tears pour from my eyes.

"I thought I was going to lose you! I can't lose you! I went through hell watching you suffer. Over the past day I realized that I have three reasons and three reasons only to keep myself going, this group, James and you. I thought I was going to lose you and it killed me!" I cry. I sniffle and take a deep breath.

"Carl...I love you. I don't care if you don't feel the same okay. I don't. I love you..a-and I can't lose you."

I had to tell him.

I wipe my tears and sigh. I get up and start to walk away, but something stops me. Carl grabs my hand. I look at him dumbfounded.

"Hailey, I love you too."

I stand there completely taken back. He just said he loved me...I thought...no that doesn't matter anymore.

"I liked you from the moment I saw you. I...I just didn't tell you because I thought you weren't into me."

I let go of his hand and smile as I sit back down.

"Will you do me the honors of being my girlfriend?" He asks smiling. I was speechless, literally, I couldn't stop smiling. I nod.

"Yes." I managed to get out. He laughed and smiled more if that was even possible.

"Come lay with me." He says scooting over.

"I don't want to hurt you." I say. He smiles and shakes his head.

"You won't hurt me, I promise. If anything you will make the pain more bearable."

I laugh as I get in the bed. He wraps his arm around my waist, which makes me almost die. I lay my head on his shoulder and smile.

"Something really good did come out of a bad situation." Carl says smiling. I laugh.

The door creaks open and Lori walks in.

"Oh...was I interrupting something?" She asks smiling.

"Shh Daryl they are going to hear you!" I hear Beth yell trying to quite down Daryl, who is laughing.

I shake my head and laugh.

"Were you guys listening?" I ask. Lori nods her head.

"Once I left this room all of our ears were up agaisnt the door." She smiles. Carl slightly laughs.

"Well I'm going to go talk with Beth. Get some sleep." I say getting off the bed. I lean down and kiss his forehead. I pull away to find him smiling and blushing. I giggle.

I walk out of the room and smile as I shut the door. Everyone is looking at me.

"Stop it." I say blushing. I run upstairs into Beth's room and shut the door. I sit on her chair by the window and smile. I can't stop smiling. Beth walks in and sits on her bed.

"So...what just happened?" Beth asks giggling. I smile.

"I got the boy I love." I say smiling so big.

"Beth...you don't understand. I backed off because I thought he didn't like me like that. I'm so happy right now." I squeal. She laughs and nods her head.

"I'm happy for you. Well all have that someone who keeps us going in this world, and he's your someone."

I smile and nod.

"Yeah, he is."