Chapter 39

Update just because 😊

Hailey's P.o.v.

"It's time to start rebuilding the wall and taking the rest of the walkers who made their way in out."

The whole group besides the Woodbury people are gathered outside listening to Ricks orders.

"Hailey, Josh, Rachael, Beth, and Glenn, you five are going to clean the walkers out. Alive walkers or dead walkers, they all need to go. The rest will work on fixing the wall and gate. Lets get going." Rick orders.

My group crawles over rubble that the broken wall left. As soon as we step into that part of the prison tombs, moans fill the air.

How did we not realize this before?

I pull out my machete as the moans grow closer. Rachael takes down one, and I do the same shortly after. We all become alert and draw our weapons as we turn a corner, and for sure enough there were walkers. Alot of them too.

"Shit." I whisper.

Glenn sneaks up behind one and kills it.
That's how we will do it. We will sneak up on them and kill them.

As I sneak closer to one, making sure none of the others see me, a gun shot rings. I turn around and see Joshua with his gun in his hand.

Oh shit...

"Hailey watch out!" I hear Beth scream. I snap my head forward and the walker I was about to kill lunges at me, knocking me on the ground.

Another gun goes off and the walker falls dead on top of me. I push it off and get up regaining my breath.

That was a close one...

I look at Josh who had his gun pointed once again.
He saved me.

"Thank you." I say wiping the walkers blood off of my forehead. He nods his head. "No prob-"

He gets cut off as a walker comes out of a corner and bites a chunk out of his neck.

Oh my God!

"Josh!"

I look at Rachael who is standing there with tears in her eyes. I look back at Joshua who is being consumed by the walker. I take my gun out and shoot the walker and Josh in the head.

"You bitch!" I hear Rachael scream. As I'm about to look at her, I make impact with the ground.

"You bitch!" Rachael yells as she punches me.

Ow...

She punches again, but this time I over power and flip us over.

"Stop!" I scream as I hold her arms down.

Gun shots are flying through out the tombs.

Rachael kicks me off of her and I land back on the floor.

My stomach hurts badly.

She needs to chill out before both of us get badly injured.
I quickly stand up and look around. Beth and Glenn are taking down walkers.

A scream draws my attention to Rachael. She is surrounded by walkers. I run over to her and shoot all the walkers, besides one. She smirks and grabs it by it's collar.

I turn around and see two coming at me. I go to kill them, but something stops me. I make another impact with the ground but this time I'm on my stomach, and a walker falls on my back, and the other two are coming.

Shit...shit!

I'm going to die...this is it.

I close my eyes and just as I feel the walkers hot breath on me a gun shot erupts and the chopping monster falls limp on my back. I quickly get up and kill the two walkers that were coming after me.