Chapter 23: A Shadow of Myself

Yeah, I'm back again! And this time, with a chapter of doom... mua ha ha. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: As shown by the multitudes of disclaimers before this, Star Wars: Rebels isn't mine.

"If you want to survive, release all of your emotions. Let your power surge through you until all of your enemies lie dead."

Ezra sent out a wave of energy, knocking down the dozen or so stormtroopers that were firing at him. Allowed a single moment of respite until they got back to their feet, he took in a deep breath, already preparing for his next attack.

The only way to power was through the Inquisitor. The only way he would give him power was if he survived the tests given to him. And to do that, he had to follow the instructions given out to him by the Pau'an.

There was no way around it. The Jedi Code hadn't been powerful enough to help him save his family. He needed something bigger. Something stronger. And the Inquisitor was giving it to him.

Ever since he had made the decision to conform to the Inquisitor's way, Ezra had been changed. He was no longer hesitant to unleash his power. He now fully expressed his feelings, his anger. His new master was his source of power, but he also was severely hated by his new apprentice. But he knew that. The Inquisitor said that hatred was always a faithful companion in the Sith relations.

Ezra just went along with it. The Inquisitor was his new source of power. But when he had given all that he had to offer, Ezra would no longer 'train' under him. He had not forgotten that it was he who had murdered his family. But the idea of revenge would only come to light through the accumulation of power. Neither followed the way of the Jedi. Both were encouraged in his new training.

He was the Inquisitor's new apprentice, but he was still a prisoner on the Imminent Pursuit. The Inquisitor had moved Ezra from his previous cell to another one, a closer one. Granted, it was not much better than the room he had previously been staying in, but at least there was padding on the bed and the floors were blood-free. Perhaps the greatest change in his living arrangements was the absence of Chip. Now that the droid had stopped coming in daily, Ezra no longer started the day with pain and fear.

He still had the nightmares, though. And the Inquisitor was doing nothing to stop them. Of course, why would he? Every time he saw his dead family before his eyes, new anger was brought up to the surface. More power. Which was what he wanted.

However, instead of being waken up to Chip each new day, there was the Inquisitor with the new day's challenge, the next training session. Each one was harder than the last, and each left Ezra feeling drained. Ezra couldn't help but feel that the Inquisitor was rushing, wanting to make Ezra as strong as he could before... something. It didn't matter to Ezra, though. The faster his training was complete, the faster he could cast aside the Inquisitor.

When the day was done and Ezra returned to his room, he would attempt to meditate. His connection to the Force didn't seem to be any stronger, but the Inquisitor continued to say that it was. Of course, he also said that he was stronger just for turning away from the weak morals of the Jedi.

These statements had been followed in lessons such as this, where he was put in a hanger-bay and told to survive against squads of troopers with nothing but his body.

Of course, his body wasn't in the best condition. He was still bloody and sore from the days where Chip had free reign, but without the constant opening of his scars, they had begun to slowly heal. His throat was almost to the point of being useless, but the Inquisitor had no sympathy for him and his pain. He hadn't sent Ezra to the medical bay to treat his injuries, because the pain would 'act as a stimulant for your mind. It will reshape you, give you more power.' He had also not given Ezra any new clothes, leaving him with the tattered, stained pilot's suit he had always worn.