1: Prologue

(Emma's POV)
The wind howls at me, the moon lighting my path as I was walk back to Mary Ma- I mean Mom's apartment. I don't know if I'll ever get the hang of that. My mind is everywhere trying to understand what has happened these past few days. From, defeating the wicked witch/Zelena to falling through a portal to the past, all the way to me...kissing Killian.

I have to admit, it was one of the best kisses of my life. Unlike our other kiss, this one was sweet and less aggressive, yet it was still filled with our feelings for one another. What are those feelings, you may ask? I have no idea.

Honestly, I was still trying to figure out how I felt for Killian and now I don't even know where we stand. Are we friends? No, I think it's clear we're past the friend zone. But then are we dating? Do I want us to be dating? Does he want us to be dating? So many questions and no answers. It frustrates me.

But the thing is, I don't even have time to worry about where Killian and I stand. Because of me, Robin's wife--ex-wife? I don't know--is back. Which means I destroyed Regina's life, which she made very clear to me. I didn't want to think like this, but if the evil queen returns? That would crush Henry. Not to mention cause damage all over town.

No, you know what? For once, I'm going to choose to have hope and believe that Robin and Regina will sort the whole Marian thing out and be back to normal in no time. God, why did all of this have to happen?

My walk was a short one, and I soon arrive at Ma-Mom's--this is gonna be hard--apartment and I open the door. When I enter I see that everyone was asleep. Quietly, I make my way up to my room and got ready to go to sleep. I got under my covers and tried to sleep, but it didn't come as quickly to me as it had the others.

I feel so guilty for ruining Regina's life. My thoughts from before crept up on me. I mean she became the evil queen once before from losing her love. What if she comes after me, again, or worse, my family. No Emma, you can't think like that! I tell myself. I shake my head, trying to somehow get rid of the evil thoughts. My mind slowly drifts into more pleasant thought and I find myself thinking about Killian, the kiss and how I feel about him. Eventually I drift off to sleep. But that didn't stop the nightmares.

Hey guys! How'd you like my first chapter? I will try to write new chapters as frequently as I can!

Please comment on what you liked about the chapter. And feel free to give me any suggestions so that I can improve!