14: More Unanswered Questions

Most of the scenes in this chapter, are taken directly from season 4 episode 5 and 6 with some minor tweaks and perspective. So if you've seen the episodes, you don't have to read this chapter if you don't want.

(Emma's POV)
After the meeting, I decided to go to the Sheriff's station. I had to see something.

I walk over to the station, which took around 5 minutes, and enter my box office. I sit at my desk and just think for another 5 minutes. Then, I grab my keys and unlock a cabinet behind me. I pull out a white box and place it on top of my desk. I look at it and drift deep into thoughts for what felt like a long time - but was actually 15 minutes. Where else does the Snow Queen know me from? What happened that caused her to take my memories?

I hear a knock on the office door and slightly jump, and turn around. There stood Killian. "Hello swan," He says. I give him a small smile. "What's wrong, love?" He asks me, clearly seeing through me. Always an open book to him.

"Just, have a lot on my mind lately" I respond.

"What's that?" He asks motioning to the box.

"What's left of my childhood," I say and look at him.

"May I have the honour?" He asks. I stare deeply in his eyes for a moment before breaking away. I stand up and take off the lid. Memories resurface. I take out an old box which I used to store all of my small valuables in. I stare at it.

"Are you okay?" Killian asks.

"I think so," I say and hand him the box. He looks at me for a moment before placing the box on the table.

I watch as Killian opens the box. He looks at me and smiles before looking back, towards the box. He pulls out my old pair of glasses. He keeps smiling and I give him a small smile. He then pulls out an old turquoise-coloured ring and twirls it around in his hand before re-placing it back into the box. I can see him shuffling around before his eyes fixate on something.

He slowly brings up an old Polaroid picture of Neal and I. Memories come flooding back and tears creep up into my eyes. I can see Killian's jaw tighten. My eyes dart to him and he quickly looks up before looking back down at the picture.

I look straight ahead and flutter my eyelids to prevent the tears from falling. I look back down and pull my baby blanket to my chest, before looking back down. I see my old video camera and reach down to pull it out. I look to make sure the TV is still there before leaving the office with my camera.

"Swan?" Killian asks, curiously, but I keep walking towards the TV. He follows me. I connect the video camera to the TV.

"I haven't watched this since I recorded it, but with all the talk of memories, I need to see this," I say and lean against a desk beside Killian. I'm nervous to press play.

"Hey," Killian says. He threads his fingers through mine. "Show me. I'd love to know more about your beginnings."
I look up at him and he smiles. I smile back. I press play and we both look at the screen. Lily and I are goofing around with the camera, making silly pictures, laughing. Tears begin to sting my eyes.

"Who's that lass?" Killian asks.

"Just an old friend," I whisper. God, I haven't thought about her in years. I still regret leaving her the way I did. I feel Killian looking at me. He wraps his arm around my shoulder. I lean my head on his shoulder and he lays his head on my mine. We watch for a while, in peace.

Suddenly the screen turns fuzzy and the scene changes. "Hey, look what the new girl brought with her," I hear a teenage boy say. My head straightens. "Where's that?" Killian asks.