8: Another Crisis..?

(Emma's POV)
My eyes flutter open, and once they adjust, I see Killian fast asleep. He looks so peaceful. I decide not to wake him up, to let him rest instead.

Slowly, I get out of bed being very careful not to wake him. Once I successfully left the comforts of his bed--and the added bonus of his arms around me--I walk out of the bedroom and towards the kitchen. But I leave the door open just in case anything happens.

I enter the kitchen and decide to make us some bagels for breakfast. After plugging in the toaster, I grab two bagels, split them in half and plop them down into the toaster.

As I wait for the bagels to pop back up, I hear, "Swan?" I quickly walk back into the bedroom.

When I enter, I see Killian, propping himself up on the bed with his elbows. "Good morning," I say as I lean against the doorway, with a smile.

"Morning love" he says and returns the smile. "What're you doing?"

"I'm just making us some breakfast." And as I say this I hear the bagels pop up in the toaster. "Speaking of which, it sounds like it's ready. Come on." I walk over to him, help him off of the bed and onto the stool in the kitchen. Once he's seated, I walk over to the toaster, take out the bagels, put them on a cutting board and unplug the toaster.

I open the fridge, turned around and ask, "You want butter on your toast, correct?" He smiles and replies, "You know me too well". I smile back. Then I turn back around, grab the butter for Killian and the cream cheese for me.

As soon as I finish applying cream cheese and butter to the bagels, I place the bagels onto two plates and hand one to Killian. "Thank you love," he says. I smile and ask, "Would you like a drink?"

"I'm fine, swan, thank you," he said. Feeling satisfied, I take my plate and sit on the stool next to Killian.

We just talk, laugh and eat our breakfast in peace.

Once we both finish our bagels, I tidy everything up while Killian watched me. I'm almost finished,putting the plates in the dishwasher, when I heard Killian moan. Oh no! I quickly turn around and saw Killian gripping the counter and squeezing his eyes shut.

(Killian's POV)
I was watching Emma put away the plates in the dishwasher when I felt another headache coming. I squeeze my eyes shut to stop the pain. I grip the table with my hand tried to make the headache disappear. I could hear Emma knocking things over and running around the kitchen.

My head was pounding. I could faintly hear myself letting out cries of pain no matter how hard I tried not to. Soon, I felt a pill being dropped into my mouth and a cup of water in my hands.

I choke back the water along with the pill and place the cup back on the table. I slowly begin to regain control and the pounding in my head softens.

I could feel Emma's hand in mine. I open my eyes to see an extremely worried Emma. When her eyes lock on mine she releases a tear and hugs me tightly. I hold her and whisper, "Shhh Emma it's ok. I'm ok," as she quietly sobs onto my shoulder.

(Emma's POV)
I finally manage to calm down and I slowly pull back from the hug. Killian wipes away what was left of my tears and I smile. After a few seconds of silence, I hear pounding at the door. Killian and I exchange confused looks.

I walk over to the door and open it, to see an angry Leroy on the other side. I roll my eyes, and ask, "What do you want?"

"There's someone in Granny's and no one knows who she is!" Leroy shouts, a bit louder than necessary.

"Ok, so what does that mean?" I ask, not sure what he's getting at.

"It means, sister, that she's new and no one knows whether or not she poses a threat. I think there's something suspicious about her! So you're the sheriff, help!" Leroy shouts yet again.

"Alright, alright, calm down. We'll be down shortly" I say. And with that, Leroy nods and heads back down the stairs. I sigh and close the door.

I turn around to face Killian. "Looks like we need to get ready" I say.

"Aye" Killian agrees. I help him off of the stool and into his bedroom. I place him down on the bed and toss him his clothes. I grab my clothes and head to the washroom to get ready.

About 10 minutes later, we're both ready and so I help Killian out the door. I lock the door behind us and help him down the stairs towards Granny's. Once we enter I see who Leroy was talking about. There, sitting at the stool closest to the door, was a woman. She wears a long blue dress that flows down to the floor. Sparkles appear along the dress as well. Her platinum blonde hair is down up in a braid that rests on her left shoulder. She was holding a coffee mug that appears to be...frozen?

Killian and I slowly begin to approach her. Once we're close enough, Killian sits on the stool one seat apart from Elsa.
"Hello," I say approaching the blonde. She whips her head around and her blue eyes meet mine. She stands up and straightens herself. I could sense that she was trying to appear confident and brave, but I could see the fear hidden within her eyes."I'm the Sheriff, Emma Swan," I say and her body only stiffens more. She brings her hands to the side in defence. "I just need to know who you are, I'm not here to harm you."

Considering this, she opens her mouth and says, "My name is Elsa of Arendelle, and I am looking for my sister."