Chapter 11

“Mom stop!” Emmy whined attempting to take the camera from her mother’s hands.

“No, Emmy I need on e more of the two of you together, and then one with you and Honor,” her mother replied gesturing for Emmy to move back over to Brayden.

Emmy sighed turning around and going back to Brayden’s side, “I’m so sorry about my mother,” she whispered to him.

Brayden chuckled as he wrapped his arm around her waist, “It’s cool, you’re lucky you didn’t have to come to my house to take pictures.”

“It couldn’t have been worse than this,” Emmy replied as she wrapped an arm around him and smiled at the camera.

Once the picture was over Brayden turned to Emmy, “Oh, it could’ve been way worse, my mom almost didn’t let my sister and her date leave before her senior homecoming. In fact she filled up three cameras with pictures of just them.”

Emmy’s jaw dropped open in disbelief, “No she didn’t!”

“Oh yeah, she did,” Brayden replied laughing at the memory.

“Ok, then maybe it as a good idea that we came to my house,” she replied.

“A very good idea,” he said as he stepped away allowing Honor to come over to her sister.

Honor tossed both her arms around Emmy’s waist in a hug, which Emmy returned. Their mother snapped the picture and the girls immediately separated. Their mother came over and began to mess with Emmy’s hair.

“Mom!” Emmy complained swatting her mother’s hand away from the artful bun her hair as in.

“What? I’m just trying to make sure you look perfect,” her mother replied as she tugged on the ends of Emmy’s lavender dress.

“She looks fine, mom,” Honor replied tugging their mother away from Emmy.

“Yeah, she does, come give me a hug Emmy,” her mother said gesturing for her to come closer.

Emmy walked over teetering slightly in her silver high heels. She leaned down and wrapped her arms around her mother in a hug.

Once they let go her mother reached for her camera again, “Just one more picture.”

“No mom, we still have to go to Kara’s grandparents house to take pictures with the rest of them and we’re already late,” Emmy denied her mother’s request.

Emmy’s mother gave her a sad smile, “Well alright.”

“Have fun,” Honor exclaimed hugging her sister again.

“I will,” Emmy replied.

“Yes have fun and don’t stay out too late,” her mother said looking at both Emmy and Brayden sternly.

“We won’t ma’am,” Brayden replied respectfully.

“You better not, because I’m holding you responsible if you do,” she told him.

“Ok, mom we’re going now,” Emmy replied hugging her mom again before grabbing Brayden’s arm and heading towards the door.

“Bye,” Honor and their mother said in unison as they walked out the door.

Emmy waved goodbye to her family and Brayden did the same. He opened Emmy’s car door, and she told him thank you as she got in. Brayden hurried around the car and into the driver’s seat.

“I like your family,” Brayden told her as he backed out of her driveway.

“I do too, but sometimes they’re a handful,” Emmy replied.