Chapter 16

"Is this cute?" Honor questioned, showing her sister the short white boot in her hands.

Emmy turned to look at the shoe, and wrinkled her nose, "Not really."

Honor nodded as she placed the shoe back on the shelf, "That's what I thought too."

Emmy slid a box of knee high brown boots off the shelf. She kicked off her own sneakers, and tried the boots on.

"Hey Emmy,"

"Yeah?" Emmy asked Honor as she tugged the boot onto her foot.

"Who was the first guy you slept with?" Honor casually questioned Emmy as she examined a pink and black tennis shoe.

"What?" Emmy asked shocked, as she stopped trying to put on the boot to look at Honor.

"Who did you lose your virginity to?" Honor asked her sister again as she replaced the shoe.

"I don't think that's any of your business," Emmy replied still slightly shocked.

Honor shrugged, "Ok, so don't tell me his name. At least tell me how you guys met and stuff."

Emmy finally got both boots on, before she turned to face Honor, "Why are you so interested in that?"

"Because you never talk about your relationships, and I just wanted to know," Honor told her as she picked up a bright blue and lime green sneaker.

Emmy thought for a few seconds as she glanced at the boots in the mirror, "I guess I could tell you about how we met, but you're not getting any names."

Honor smiled giddily and shrugged, "I don't care about the names. I just want to hear the story."

"Ok, so it starts the second week of sophomore year of high school," Emmy began to tell the story, and as she spoke she felt herself being drawn back into her memories.

"He's cute, don't you think?" a fifteen year old, Summer whispered to Emmy.

Emmy turned and scanned the gymnasium to find who her best friend was talking about.

"Who?" Emmy questioned giving up her search.

"Him," Summer said pointing towards a boy playing basketball.

Emmy followed Summer's gaze to the redheaded boy holding the ball, "The redhead?"

"Yeah, he's cure," Summer said as she continued to stare at him.

Emmy turned again, and attempted to see what Summer saw in the boy. Her gaze was quickly drawn to the guy who now held the ball. He was a scrawny kid, with a lean barely muscular body. The boy had short blonde hair, and he had a sports' tan. The boy passed the ball, and Emmy examined what he was wearing. He was dressed in a Redwood High varsity soccer shirt, and soccer shorts.

Even though he was dressed in the school's soccer uniform, Emmy didn't think she'd ever seen him play. She figured that since he was a sophomore like her he probably didn't start.

Summer interrupted her train of thought, "Who are you looking at?"

"The blonde one, he's cute," Emmy said as she turned to face Summer.

"The soccer one?" Summer questioned arching an eyebrow.

"Yeah, him."

"That's Ian King, he's a midfielder," Summer told her.

"How do you know that? I've never seen him play," Emmy questioned turning to face Summer in confusion.

Summer told her eyes Emmy, "That's because you're always too busy stalking James Webber, when we go to the games."