Chapter 8

It had been two weeks since Emmy and Ian had had their slight disagreement. It was now mid October, and the boys soccer team was about to play their last home game before playoffs began. Emmy and her friends had gone to the game, Summer, Kara, and Mia had all agreed to leave their boyfriends at home because it was a girls night out.

“Emmy I need to tell you something,” Summer said quietly or as quietly as she could and still be hear over the roar of the loud crowd.

“Ok, tell me,” Emmy said turning to face her best friend.

“Dustin and I had sex last night,” Summer told her, her words running together until it practically sounded like gibberish.

“What?” Emmy asked shocked wondering if she had heard her right.

“I said Dustin and I had sex last night,” Summer told her much slower this time.

Emmy’s jaw dropped, “Are you serious?”

“Yeah, I felt like it was the right time,” Summer shrugged.

“Wow, you’re serious,” Emmy said still surprised.

“Is it really that bad that I had sex?” Summer asked her.

“No, it’s just sort of weird,” Emmy told her honestly.

“What you thought I’d stay a virgin forever?” Summer laughed.

“No, but if you’re happy I’m happy for you,” Emmy said.

“Good because I’m very happy,” Summer told her grinning.

“So how was it?” Emmy asked grinning.

“Really kinda painful the whole time a little pleasure, but I think it’ll be better the next time,” Summer admitted shrugging.

“So how does it feel to not be a virgin anymore?” Emmy questioned her.

“Weird, but a good weird,” Summer said.

As their conversation dwindled Emmy turned her attention back to the field. Their team was barely hanging onto the lead and there were two minutes left in the game. Ian managed to steal a ball away from the opposing player. He ran up field as fast as he could, but one of the other players pulled an illegal slide tackle tripping Ian.

Ian hit the ground and the ball flew out of bounds, he slammed his fists into the ground angrily. Emmy bit her lip with anxiety as Ian stood back up walking over to the sidelines where the throw-in was about to happen. The other team had gotten the ball back with thirty seconds left. Emmy and the rest of the crowd stood with bated breath. The other team managed to make it to the goal, but the ball aimed for the goal hit one of the goal posts and ricocheted backwards. The refs blew their whistles and Redwood High erupted with enthusiasm as their soccer team completed another undefeated regular season.

“Woohoo!” Emmy cheered along with the rest of the crowd.

“Tommie’s going to be pissed they lost,” Kara told them.

“That’s what happens when you date a rival,” Summer teased.

“Shut up, Summer,” Kara said pushing her as the foursome walked down the bleachers and headed to the parking lot.

They were going to have another sleepover but this time at Mia’s house as she was an only child. Emmy sent off a quick text to Ian once she was inside Mia’s car: Great job tonight :). It took Ian a while but he replied back: Thanks do I get a reward tomorrow ;). Emmy could almost see Ian grinning cheekily as he sent the text message: Maybe if you’re a good boy. Ian immediately texted back: Oh I’m always a good boy. Emmy laughed quietly before texting back: Bye Ian. He texted back just as she and the girls walked inside Mia’s house: Bye Emmy have a good night :).