Chapter 5: Lies

Its been a week since Sam transferred here. She managed to fit in with everyone in 3 days. 

She's friendly and talkative after all. Not like me. Dull af.

The truth is Im glad I met her. Things get better ever since she came into my life. I feel safe. But, I dont want to rely on her too much, and of course I didnt tell her that I cut myself and cry till I sleep every single nights. She probably wouldnt want to be friends with someone who mentally unstable like me.

''Sarah.''
''Sarah.''
''SARAH!'' Sam shouted.

''Y-yeah?'' I startled and looked at her.

''Geez. Stop spacing out, lady.'' she said with a frown on her face.

''I-im sorry.'' I apologized.

She bursts out laughing.

''Its okay. Hey, wanna come to my house whenever you free?'' she said with a grin on her face.

I smiled at her. Im so damn happy that I couldnt express it into words. Its my first time being invited to hang out at someone's house after school.

''Yeah. Okay.'' I answered with a smile.

''Really? I'll text you the address! OMFG-- IM SO HAPPY. THANKS SARAH!'' She said with excitement on her face and hug me.

Scarlet stared at both of us with her squad.

''We gotta do something about those losers.'' she said with a serious expression on her face.

  They started to whisper with each other. I shrugged it off. But deep inside my heart, I had a bad feeling that something bad will happen.

The day went by almost immediately. It was finally time to go home. Sam told me to wait for her at the gate while she went to the toilet.

As I was waiting, I heard footsteps behind me. Thinking that it was Sam, I turned around and smiled. But to my dismay, it was Scarlet.  

Meanwhile,

Sam was running out from the toilet, just as she was about to reach the main door, someone stopped her.

"Uh..Ashley? Is there anything you need?"she asked while glancing at the gate

.She saw that Scarlet was talking or so she thought with Sarah.

''Something is not right'' she thought. 

 "There's something you should know about Sarah...we feel awful for not telling you this..."Ashley started.

"What is it Ashley??"Sam asked, more like demanding. 

Ashley let out a heavy sigh, and whispered to her. Sam's eyes widened in disbelief.

''Hey, Sarah. Wanna know something about your BFF?'' Scarlet said with a smirk on her face.

I just stare at her.

''What?'' I asked.

She then, came closer to me and start whispering.

 '' I can't believe it.Sam..Sam lied? How could you Sam? 

I was crying while Scarlet stared at me. I couldn't take it anymore. I ran away as fast as I could.

  Sam stood there in disbelief. Ashley have left her there.She was shaking,not with fear but with anger. She took a deep breath and let it out slowly.  Her face then got serious as she started to think about what Ashley told her.

Sam is not that kind of person who listen to someone she just knew. Especially when she knew that Ashley is a bully.

''I need time to think..apart of me believe her..but the other doesn't.. but i need to believe in Sarah..I can't let this come between us and ruin our friendship.. I..I need at least one friend..until that day comes..I should avoid seeing Sarah for awhile..'' she thought as she started to cough hardly. She quickly went in the toilet. 

 I was mad,sad and broke. I was crying her heart out as I keep pounding on I pillow. I then received a call from my dad.  

  "H-hello?d-dad??" I answered shakily.

There was a raspy voice at the other end.

"Sweetheart what's wrong?! Why are you crying??  Where's your mom? I Want to come over and apologize.. I've change .. " dad said. 

I was broken, I needed someone. So without any hesitation I told him that mom went for outstation for 4 weeks and asked him to come over. Dad agreed and drove to my house.  

30 minutes later, I heard someone's knocking on the door. I went downstairs immediately.

''Dad?'' I said as I squeezed the doorknob.

''Yes. Its me, baby.'' he answered.

''Dad.'' I opened the door without any hesitation.

Suddenly, there's something hit me in the face. Made me goes blank all of a sudden.

''Hey there, lil bitch.'' he said. 

''Dad?'' I barely talk

I could smell alcohol all over his body. My dad is an alcoholic thats why mom left him.

He punched me and kicked me in the stomach, makes me hard to breathe.

''Someone.. help..'' I said as my sight slowly turns from blur to completely blank.

I woke up the next day and found out that I was lying on the floor in front of the door. My face hurts a lot and remembering what happened last night. I held back my tears as I treat the bruises on my face. 

''Why did it have to be like this? What did I ever do? I wish I didnt exist. I dont feel like I wanna exist anymore. Just as I thought my life is getting better, there'll always be something bad happen. Im lonely, sad, tired and DYING.'' I thought to myself.

I looked at my reflection on the mirror. I could see a sad little girl trying to hold back her tears.

''Sarah. Dont cry. It'll be okay. Fuck. Dont cry for fuck's sake!'' I said as I began to cry.

I could still remember when I was 8 where I dont care about my appearance, full of happiness, wanting to grow up and achieve my dreams. I never imagined that it would turned out into this. Where did it went wrong?