Chapter 9: Samantha Brian

Sam didnt come to school today. I spaced out in the class during the lunch break.

''Is she still sick?'' I thought to myself.

''Sarah.'' a girl who sits next to my place greeted me.

''Yeah?'' I looked at her.

''You're worried about Sam, right?'' she smiled.

'' Yeah.'' I gave her a faint smile.

''Instead of worrying about her, why dont you just visit her?'' said a girl behind me.

Thats a good idea. I still have her address in my phone though.

I stunned and smiled at them as a sign that I agreed with them.

The bell rang and I walked out through the main gate. I took the bus from school to go to Sam's house. The bus dropped me at the next bus stop which is one block away from Sam's house.

The wind blows through my hair, the sun shines brightly as if it shines for me. Telling me that things get better and brighter after a rainy and stormy day.

After a couple of minutes of walking, I saw two little girls playing in the playground across the street. I smiled alone and continue walking.

As I walked, there's a paper plane on the ground. I took it and saw something written in it. I gently fold it.

''When things seem difficult miserable
Life is turning away from you
Intimidated and worn out you remain
In darkness at a corner you examine
Watching the sky as it disappears
Reminding the lost beloved ones
How beautiful and caring they were
Vanishing without saying goodbye
Shortening your long life span
And leaving you destitute and lonely
Deeply you wonder
How life can really be unfair
To honest and good people like you
But all you let go off
And focus to mend your life
And strengthen your heart
With good and caring friends on your side
Opening the picture of brightness
Knowing GOD holds your hand
Leading you to your success
Stars embracing the whole sky
And you know your journey has started
In pursuit of your purpose
Slowly matching from dusk to dawn
With smiles and determination
In whispers you read your heart
ALWAYS STAND STRONG.''

''What a beautiful poem. This looks like Sam's handwriting.'' I thought to myself as I fold the paper and put it in my pocket.

I arrived at Sam's front porch, I fixed my appearance and knocked the door.

I could hear footsteps coming from the inside.

The door flew opened and there stood a middle aged lady.

"Uh- My name is Sarah Anderson. I'm Sam's friend. Is she home??" I asked a bit timidly.

The lady smiled at me.

"Ah, so you're Sarah. Sam always told me about you. Come in, come in." she stepped a side for me to come in.

I went in and glance over the house.

"It's a cozy house you have here ma'am.." I complimented. She smiled.

"My name is Aria. I'm her aunt. Sam is sleeping in her room. You can go wake her up. Her room is upstairs. The first room on the right. "

I nodded as a thanks.I walked upstairs and found Sam'a room. I knocked it gently. Hearing no answer, I slowly opened the door and saw a sleeping figure. Sam's bed was beside the window. The sunlight shone on her. She looked peaceful. I glanced around her room. I saw some paintings, notebooks, books, a guitar, a violin and a teddy bear.I chuckled as Sam snuggled to the bear. She looked so cute, like a little girl. A warm smile made it to my face.