Chapter 18: Our Ray Of Sunshine

Scarlet POV

It was Sam's funeral today. I still can't get over the fact that she's gone. A precious world that means a lot to all of us, especially Sarah, is gone. Forever. I still can't forget what happened that time.

(Flashback)

Sam was laughing and joking around with Anthony and the others. I just rang Sarah and she was on her way to the hospital.

"Scarrrrrrr" Sam whined. I looked at her and she was pouting. I chuckled at that.

"What's wrong Sammy? "I asked.

"I missed Sarah. I wanna see her. I...I'm afraid that I couldn't see her anymore."

The room felt silence for a bit.

"You will see her Sam. You will see her. " She smiled softly as I said that.

"Yeah. Thanks." She smiled and took a piece of paper and a pencil. She wrote something on it.

When she was done, she put it beside her. Just then, she started to cough loudly. Her breathing was heavy.

All of us panicked. We felt helpless at that time and Anthony went to call for the doctor. Aunt Aria, tried to calm her down. She had tears running down her cheeks.

"Aunt- Aria." Sam said, making the sweet lady looked at her in the eyes. Sam had lay down, and her breathing was even heavier.

"D-dont cry over me, please. All of you. Please smile. Send me there with a smile." She smiled softly, hiding all her pain, her fear, her sadness with it.

Thats when we knew,she was dying.

"Sam, my dear Sam. Don't leave me please."

I turned to looked at Aunt Aria. She was crying. I looked over to Sam. Her breath was short and heavy. Her heart beat was slowing down.

"I'm sorry Aunt Aria. B-but I can't stay here. I'm.. I'm going to meet mommy and daddy. Mommy and daddy-" a slight tear run down her pale cheeks, with her smile still plastered on her face.

"Im gonna see mommy and daddy again. We will be a happy family again. So, p-please. Send me there with your smiles."she looked at all of us with hope clearly written on her face.

Taking a deep breath, all of us smiled our best smile with tears still forming on our face.

"Thank you, everyone. Sarah. I love you. Im sorry." She slowly closed her eyes

That was her last words,before she let go of her final breath.

(End Of Flashbacks)

She's gone. Samatha Brian, the girl who changed our life, Sarah's life was gone. Forever. We broke into tears and cried our hearts out. Then, Sarah came. She cried nonstop. It was a painful day for Sarah, Aunt Aria and for all of us.

I looked up at the blue sky.

"Sam. You're like a fading light from everyone's life. We will miss you." I thought as I glanced at Sarah who is crying on her mom's shoulder.

It must be hard for her. Tears started to fill up my eyes again.

***
The funeral is over. The sky starts to get really cloudy. A few minutes later, it started to rain. I looked at Sarah who is standing in the rain by Sam's grave.

The sky looks like they're crying with Sarah.

"Sarah. Im sorry." I went inside the car and drove away.