Chapter 6: A Spark Of Happiness

I could hear someone's opening the door from upstairs.

''Sarah. Im back.'' mom said exhaustedly.

I went downstairs and saw her. I didnt say anything till she came to me.

''Sarah? Whats wrong?'' she said as she pushed my bangs to the back of my ear and shocked.

''OHMYGOD, SARAH. WHO DID THIS TO YOU??'' Mom said, worried.

I didnt answer her question.

''He came here right?'' mom said.

I couldnt say anything, it hurts. I mean, who the would slap his own daughter and kick her in the stomach? This world is just fucked up.

''I'll call the police.'' she takes out her mobile phone and starts dialing.

''Mom. Its okay. Im fine.'' I said emotionless.

I then went back to my bedroom.

As her little girl went to her room. Her mom watched her. Guilt was filling her mind. She saw nothing but sadness in her daughter's eyes.

"Oh Sarah. What have I done? How can't I not notice my baby girl is broken. I called her useless. I'm a terrible mother.." she said bitterly.

I sat there on my bed, hugging my knees. I'm sad. I'm mad. I felt betrayed. All i wanna do now is to die. I can't believe anyone anymore.

Everybody hates me. My mom, my schoolmates, my dad and.. Sam. The only person that i thought i could trust, lied to me as well.

Scarlet 's words echoed in my mind.

"She lied to you. She told me that you're nothing but trouble to her. She said you're weak. She was toying with you, Sarah. She also said ''NOBODY LOVES YOU."

Meanwhile at Sam's house.

Sam was sitting on a tree up the hill near her house. She was thinking about what Ashley said.

"Sarah is a slut. She uses her body to get money. She's manipulating you so that you will be like her. She's horrible and she might brainwash you. She lied about being bullied. Be careful, Sam. Stay away from her.."

Those words kept on repeating in her mind.

"No..I don't trust Ashley. I'm sure as hell Scarlet told some lies to Sarah. They want me to stay away from Sarah so that they can torture her .

''Well I will keep my distance but i will always watch over Sarah.."she thought herself,full of determination. She then headed home and went to sleep.

I tried to stay clean for 2 months and I feel like im going to break my streaks tonight.

''No, Sarah. Dont break it. You promised yourself'' I thought to myself while I try to hold back my tears.

''Those scars on your wrists are the mark of the world

An ocean that's left you so torn

But remember the heart you brought into this world

The same one as when you were born

How confused you must be

Finding love in the blood that you bleed

But the truth is that I see

Why you say that 'it's hard to be me'

And we all make mistakes

Its not you, but this world you should hate

You're as beautiful as you were yesterday

And those tears in your eyes are the product of lies