Chapter 19: Sam's Dreams

Sarah's POV

The alarm clock rang at 7 am in the morning. The sound of birds singing at dawn echoed in my room as I opened my window. I took a couple of deep breaths and tried to get my life together. I let all the mess gathered in my chest go in every breath.

I took a fresh bath and get dressed. I wore a full-length sleeve sweatshirt that Sam's gave me and a pair of skinny jeans.

''It really suits you, Sarah!'' Sam's words echoed in my mind.

''I missed you so much, Sam. I know that I need to be strong. Please lend me some of your strengths.'' I thought to myself as I looked at the reflection of myself in the mirror.

I grabbed my school bag and went downstairs. I greeted my mom with a smile and ''Good Morning''

''So you're ready to go to school today, sweetheart?'' she asked as she served me with a cup of coffee.

I smiled and nodded.

''Sam will be sad if I continue to cry and blame myself because of her death. She wanted me to be strong.'' I answered.

The sweet aroma of the coffee taking over my senses. The bitter, yet invitingly warm smell filled the atmosphere in the kitchen, making my taste buds ache for the creamy, smooth coffee I longed for. I brought the cup to my lips, my nose deep inhaling the strong undeniable scent of the coffee I was about to devour.

''Thats good, honey. You need to be strong. Im supporting you.'' she kissed my forehead.

''Thanks, mom.'' I slowly sipped my coffee.

''Im off to work now. You know what you need to do before leaving the house, right?'' Mom looked at me as she held her laptop bag.

I nodded.

''Take care, mom. Hope you have a great day.'' I made my way and hugged her at the front door.

''Thanks, honey. You too. I love you.'' She hugged me as well.

''I love you too, mom.'' I looked at her as she drove her car.

***

I switched off all the electronic things and grabbed my bag. I locked the door and began to walk to school.

As I walk, I couldn't help but to let memories I had with Sam passed by my mind. But this time, a soft and radiant smile appeared on my face instead of tears. I know I need to use the memories as my strength. My strength to keep on living my life.

I arrived at the school gate in 10 minutes. I went inside the school building. I could feel people's eyes on me.

''Calm down. Breathe.'' I thought to myself as I keep walking to my classroom.

I went inside the classroom and everyone greeted me ''Good Morning'' and their smiles. Scarlet made her way towards me and hugged in her arms.

''Glad to see you back.'' she whispered.

I smiled.

"Yeah it's good to be back" and hugged her back. I sit at my place and look at the seat beside me.

"Sam, you'll always be in my heart."I thought.

Things got better once she entered my life. I have a lot of friends. I'm not afraid anymore. True, that I feel insecure sometimes. But, nobody is perfect in the world. I just need to continue moving forward and brings the best out from myself in everything I do.