Chapter 17: The Lost Spark

Sarah's POV

The sun has arose but im still rolling in my bed.

I heard footsteps from downstairs coming towards my room. A few seconds later, there's a knock on my door along with a soft and comforting voice.

"Sarah, honey. Wake up."

I woke up and rubbed my eyes.

"Im awake." I said as I stand by the window.

The sun shines brightly. The birds are chirping harmoniously in the morning.
I looked out at the sky as the wind blows gently through my hair.

I grabbed my towel, took my bath and get dressed. I stared at my reflection in the mirror for a couple of minutes until the ringtone of my cellphone broke the silence and startled me.

Scarlet's name appeared on the screen. I quickly answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hey! Sarah! Where are you? Everyone is here except you. Sam cant wait to see you, you know." Scarlet chuckled.

"Sarah, hurry up! I missed you!"

I could hear Sam's laughing behind Scarlet. She seems to be having fun right now.

"Um- Sarah?" Scarlet startled me.

"Im sorry- Im on my way." I hung up.

I grabbed my stuffs and dashed downstairs.

"Mom, im going now! I love you!" I said as I kissed her cheeks.

"I love you too. Take care. Dont forget to send Sam my best regards."

I closed the door and started to run. Run like theres no tomorrow. I cant wait to see Sam!

''Sam, wait for me! The world was a better place when she smiled even when she's is pain.'' I thought to myself.

As I ran down the streets, I could feel the sunshine even though Im nowhere near. The sound of the birds wings beating as they flew in the blue sky. The stillness of the early morning enables me to take in and enjoy many things which pass me as I ran.

I remembered that Sam loves lavender so much. I stopped by at the florist across the street and bought her a bouquet of lavender.

''Sam will love this!'' I thought as a soft smile appeared on my face. I held it gently in my hands and continued to run.

Somehow, I felt nothing can ruin the day. The sun is shining so bright and the blue sky seems really beautiful and nice today. It is breathtaking view. I enjoyed every little times I have as I ran.

While I was running, I came across a park. The park is actually a shortcut to the hospital. As I was walking,I heard a soft whimper.

Looking up ahead,I saw a little girl crying. Around her were some boys. Knowing that the boys made the little girl cried, I made my way there.

"Hey. Leave her alone." I exclaimed seriously.

The boys looked at me. Shocked and ran away. I knelt down on my knees and handed out my hand.

The little girl looked at me with her tears in the eyes. She looked scared.

"Its okay. Im here to help." I smiled broadly at her.

She reached for my hand and gripped it tightly.

"Wheres your parents?" I asked.

She shook her head and shed her tears. I glanced at my watch.