Chapter 20: We'll meet again.

Sarah's POV

Ever since we found Sam's to-do-list, everyone seems to be playing their roles. Scarlet and Anthony being all lovey dovey. Wendy and her squad helped the orphans at Sam's favorite orphanage. We lent them our hands too.

I met Kayla last weekend. The weather was really nice that day. The wind blew gently at my face.

I looked at the small human figure sitting on my lap. I ran my fingers through her hair gently. She turned around and gave me a broad smile. Her sparkly blue eyes really suits her cheeky personality.

"Sarah." she called for me.

"What is it?"

She looked at me with curiosity in her eyes.

"Do you think Sam is watching us right now? Is she watching us from heaven up there?"

I looked up into the blue sky. Everything was perfect that day. The weather, the sound of birds singing and the sound of their wings beating as they flew. Kayla did the same. She looked up into the sky and closed her eyes.

"Yes. She's watching us from above." I approached her.

She held my hand tightly as if im going to leave her forever.

"Sam Is a great person, right Sarah?" she looked at me.

"Yes. She is."

I visit her at the hospital every weekend so she wont feel lonely.

***

I closed Sam's diary gently. I look out at the window. Its raining. The rhythm of the falling rain  echoed in my ears. My mind starts to wander on its own.

''Life is full of challenges. Economic difficulties, serious illnesses, family problems, and political unrest plague people on a daily basis. How a person faces each challenge that comes their way however, says much about their character, who they are on the inside. Some people draw strength and inspiration from the experiences of others.'' I thought.

(Flashbacks)

 As tears run down my face, I realized I've made a mistake. An utter suffocation, im trying to hold on. But the pain, the pain's too strong. The blood running down my wrist. My eyes are going shut but im trying to hold on while voices in my head are saying something is going wrong. I dont know where did it go wrong or even why I did it. It started with a razor and a few little cuts.

''I hate myself.''

(End of Flashbacks)

''You better off dead.'' the voices inside my head start to echo louder and louder.

I put on my headphone and closed my eyes. Trying to ignore the voices. Slowly I fall asleep while holding Sam's diary close to my chest.

''How are you up there, Sam? I missed you so much.''