What Have I Done?

(Goodbye Part II)

Lauren's POV

Goodbye... She said goodbye. She's never once told me goodbye. I know how she feels about goodbyes, she hates them. I remember when we first had this conversation.

Flashback

So I've been at a music festival for the past week and it has been absolutely incredible. On the first day I met this really amazing girl, her name is Y/N. We've spent the whole week just hanging out and getting to know each other while enjoying the music.

Everything about her is just so captivating, her eyes, her hair, her body, but most of all her mind. The way she views the world is just so refreshing. She sees the world through the eyes of a hopeful realist. But what really draws me in to her is the way she speaks to me. She is so uplifting and encouraging, she makes me feel as if I could swim across an ocean, she makes me feel like I could count all the stars that cover the night sky, she makes me feel significant when in reality I am only a small speck in this universe.

It's the end of the last day of the festival and I have been dreading this moment all week. It's undeniable that I'm falling for this girl, but I can't. We live two completely different lives it would never work. I'm always gone recording or on tour or doing some sort award show, but I can't just let her go. I can't lose her.

I was brought out of my thoughts when I felt familiar arms wrap around my waist from behind. I turned around and slid my arms up so they were resting on her defined abs.

"Hey there stranger" she smirked at me.

"Hi" I mumbled nuzzling my face into her neck. We just stood there in our embrace ignoring everything around us. Right now it was like we were the only two people left on earth. She lightly traced patterns on my back with her delicate fingers and I sighed deeply in content. Then I felt Y/N pull away slightly and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"Hey, is everything okay?" she asked me with concern.

"Uhh... Yeah, why?" I asked.

She smirked and her eyes looked downward. I followed her gaze and noticed that I was harshly gripping the front of her cutoff. I quickly let go and tried to smooth out her now wrinkled shirt.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry!" I apologized.

"Hey, don't worry about it! It's not like you ruined it or anything" she reassured me and pulled me into another hug. I leaned back a bit and stared up into her eyes since she was a little taller than me.

"So I guess this is goodbye huh?" I watched her intently. I immediately felt her tense up and her eyebrows furrowed as confusion flashed across her face.

"Wh-What do you mean?" she asked. But I sensed something in her voice, hurt maybe?

"Well I mean the festival is over. Now we have to get back to the real world..." I explained.

"Lauren, can I be honest with you?" I just nodded in response.

"Look Lauren, I know I'm not famous or some amazing person, if anything I'm average at best. But spending this past week with you has been pure bliss. And I don't mean because I got to hang out with THE Lauren Jauregui, but because I got to know the real, raw, authentic Lauren Jauregui. I don't know how but you cracked my shell, you made me weak, and I let you in. Lauren, you've awoken a part of me that I thought died a long time ago. I guess what I'm saying is this can't be goodbye. Goodbye means finality. Goodbye symbolizes an end. Goodbye is for good. And I don't want this..." she gestured back and forth between us. "whatever this may be, to end."