Until the End

A/N: Anyone know the history of Pompeii? Well... Enjoy..

Y/N's POV

We had been riding through the countryside all afternoon when we decided to go to our favorite spot. After a long trek we finally made it to the most beautiful cliffside in all of Pompeii. We dismounted our horses and let them graze while we walked towards the edge of the cliff. I was just standing there taking in the view of the vast ocean in front of me. When I looked to my side I saw her with her arms spread out to her sides as she let the cool spring breeze take over her entire body.

I just stood there in awe watching her as her long white dress flowed in the breeze. I took my time just observing every detail about her. The way her long, dark, silky hair cascaded down her back, how the sun hit her skin perfectly making her look absolutely flawless, how she seemed so in sync with everything around her. Everything about her was just so pure and so effortlessly beautiful.

After I finished staring at her I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist and rested my chin on her shoulder. A few moments had passed before she finally lowered her arms and placed her hands on top of mine while leaning back into my embrace.

"Why do you do that every time?" I asked curiously as I took in the view in front of us.

"What do you mean?" She turned around in my embrace and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Well each time we come here you always go stand on the edge, hold your arms out to the side, and close your eyes... Why?" I furrow my eyebrows at her.

She avoided my eyes and just stared at my face, almost like she was studying it. She lightly traced her fingertips across my eyebrow, down my jaw, then over my lips. She stopped and focused on my lips for the longest time while she ran her thumb back and forth just barely grazing my bottom lip over and over again. We just stayed in a comfortable silence until she finally spoke up.

"Have you ever wished you were a bird?" she asked as she finally looked into my eyes.

"Umm... I honestly can't say that I have, why?" I brushed some of her hair out of her face.

"Because I have. I've wished many times that I could be a bird, that I could spread my wings and fly wherever I desired, that I could see the world, that I could break free from here. Birds have nowhere to be, they have no rules to follow, nobody to please." She then broke eye contact and looked up at the sky.

I watched her so intently as she spoke so eloquently with such ease and fluidity. I watched as the light in her eyes got brighter as she went on with her speech, how animated she was while she spoke, how her face radiated pure happiness. Her voice dripping with excitement with each word she spoke. I felt my heart flutter as I eagerly watched her continue with such passion.

"I wish we were birds so we could fly far, far from here and not ever have to look back. We could be together the way we are meant to be, instead of being forced apart by that awful man who took my father's place." She buried her head in my chest and let out a small sob. I just stood there rubbing her back soothingly, "One day... One day we'll be together the way we are supposed to be. One day the gods will be on our side." I pulled away slightly and cupped her cheek, forcing her to look up at me. "One day my love..." I slowly leaned in and captured her bottom lip between mine for a passionate kiss. Once we pulled away I rested my forehead against hers and wiped her tears away. "No more tears, my love. One with beauty as pure as yours should spend not even a moment crying." She smiles at me lovingly before connecting our lips in chaste kiss.

"We should probably get back before I get you punished..." she spoke softly.

"What is the point? I am always being punished for something." I caress her cheek.