Protecting Her

A/N: So this is forPrettyGreenEyes2001 . I'm sorry this took so long to upload and I'm sorry it's kind of short. I hope this is what you wanted🙂

Y/N's POV

Lauren jumped and buried her head in my chest as a particularly scary scene played out on the screen. I chuckled lightly as I wrapped my arms around her and gently rubbed her back. As I looked around the room I saw Dinah and Normani focused in on the movie while Ally and Camila were hiding under a blanket.

The girls came over earlier today wanting to have a movie marathon. It was my turn to pick the movie and thanks to the girls I had seen enough chick flicks to last me the rest of my life so I settled on The Uninvited, much to everyone else's protests.

We were halfway through the movie and Lauren was cuddled up to my neck barely even watching the movie.

"Baby?" Lauren whispered into my neck.

"Hmmm?" I continued to rub her back.

"Do we really have to watch this?" she whined.

I pulled away from her slightly before glaring at her, "You girls made me sit through the Notebook, 27 dresses, the Titanic, Clueless, and Safe Haven..." I playfully glared at her, "So yes we are going to enjoy the scary movie I picked out." I smiled at her widely.

"Uhhh, but I don't like it." She buried her face further into my neck.

"Why not? It's a great movie!"

"Because it's scary..." she trailed off.

"Babe, there's nothing to be scared of it's not real and even if it was you know I would always protect you." I hold her tighter and kiss the top of her head.

"But still, I'd rather do something else." She mumbled against my neck.

"Oh yeah? And what do you have in mind?"

Lauren placed her arms on my chest and rested her chin on top of them. She started staring off in space as if she were thinking. I just stared at her patiently waiting for a response. Then all of a sudden I saw her eyes light up and she smirked down at me.

"Oh no..." I groaned as I covered my arms over my face.

"Babyyy, c'mon" she tried pulling my arms away from my face.

I hesitantly removed my arms from my face and looked up at her nervously.

"So, what is it that you want to do?" I asked her.

"Let's have a party!" she practically cheered.

At this point the girls had given up on the movie and turned towards us.

"Yeah! A party sounds great, we haven't been to one in a while!" Normani joined in.

"Yes! We've just been lying around all day so we should do something exciting!" Dinah added.

"Guys, we don't even have anything ready..." I pointed out.

"It won't take much! All you have to do is run to the liquor store and pick up the alcohol and then you can call Zach and see if he'll DJ!" Lauren suggested.

"Me... You expect me to put together your party?" I slightly glared at her.

"Please baby" she begged as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"And let me guess, you want me to have the party here?"

"Well we can't really have it at our place because Simon would lose his shit if we through a party there." Dinah explained.