You Deserve Better

Lauren's POV

So I just pulled up to the beach just in time to see the sun rising over the horizon. Why am I up this early you might ask. Well it not exactly an early morning for me, just another really late night.

Last night was particularly rough for me. I went over to my boyfriend's house to surprise him, only to see that he was cheating on me. And to make it worse it was with one of my best friends.

As soon as I realized what was going on I bolted for my car and have been driving around ever since. I don't know what brought me here because I honestly haven't been here in a while. It was just my luck because it was completely vacant, not a soul in sight.

I decided to get out of the car and make my way over to the sand. Once I found a decent spot I took a seat and just stared at the beautiful sunrise in front of me. I sat there replaying the events of last night just wondering where I went wrong.

I was brought out of my thoughts when I heard someone approaching me. When I looked to the side I realized it was Y/N Y/LN, the captain of the soccer team, the straight A student, the girl that everyone absolutely adored. She was dressed in running shorts and a tank top with her hair in a messy ponytail.

"Hey Lauren! What are you doing here?" She asked as she removed her earbuds. Wow. How could someone look so great when they are in the middle of a run at 6:00am? Like is this girl even human?

"Uhh Lauren... You okay?" She waved her hand in front of  my face.

"Oh uh yeah, I'm just thinking.."

"Thinking about what?" she took a seat next to me. I just sat there going over everything that happened trying to figure out how to put it all in words, until I was brought out of my thoughts. "Oh god I'm so sorry.. I shouldn't be so nosy, it's none of my business!" I chuckled slightly because she was really cute when she was rambling. "No, no it's okay! I was just trying to figure out how I wanted to explain everything.." She just nodded in understanding.

"Well.. I caught my boyfriend of the past 2 years cheating on me with my best friend.." I explained while playing with the sand.

"Oh my god! John cheated on you!?" She asked completely surprised.

"Yeah.." I lowered my head. Then I felt her cup my face forcing me to look at her.  "I'm so sorry this happened to you, Lauren.. Are you okay?"

"Honestly I don't know.. I mean I feel like I should be more upset than I am, but at the same time I'm glad that I'm not. I mean sure we've been together for a long time, but I think we've been over for a while now, I just didn't want to accept it. I could tell we were drifting apart and lately he seemed more distant, but I didn't even try to fix things..." I explained while running my fingers through the sand.

"Well unfortunately sometimes that happens with couples. They lose the magic and they realize that things aren't how they used to be so they slowly but surely begin to fade.." Y/N said looking out into the horizon.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. It's just... I'm still hurt because he fucking cheated. We were best friends before we even started dating and he knows how much I hate the concept of cheating and then he cheats on me. I guess I just thought he had more respect for me than that. B-but maybe it's m-my fault, I should've been better..." I attempted to confessed as tears welled up in my eyes.

There was a long silence before I felt my face being turned so I was now facing the girl next to me. And let me tell you, the way the sun was reflecting off the ocean and hitting her face made her look so mesmerizing. All of her features were perfectly highlighted by the sun, it's like she was glowing. Everything about her just seemed so comforting. But I was brought back to reality when I felt Y/N stroke my cheeks with her thumbs.