Mystery Girl

A/N: Any requests?

Lauren's POV

It was late and I was walking home from work. My apartment wasn't too far from my work, but it was a decent walk. Normally that wouldn't bother me, but tonight the city seemed extra quiet. As I walked through the streets I noticed that nobody was out, no cars, no people, just me.

I decided to take a shortcut through this alleyway I knew about, the faster I get home the better, I thought to myself. I was Halfway through the alley when I heard rushed footsteps coming my way. I frantically looked around trying to find where the person was coming from when all of a sudden I was knocked to the ground.

"What the fuck!?" I spat.

When I looked up at the sight in front of me I was shocked. I was met with a girl around my age wearing all black high top converse, dark ripped skinny jeans, and a white t-shirt that had a pretty big rip in the side of it. Her hair was disheveled and her lip was split open, causing blood to trickle down her chin.

"Oh shit, my bad. Here let me help you up" She rasped as she reached out her hands and I reluctantly accepted her offer.

Once I was to my feet she made sure I was okay. I could tell she was about to say something when all of a sudden we heard voices and muffled footsteps. "Oh shit..." She murmured. Then she shoved me against the brick wall without even giving me a chance to think.

"Hey, what the fu-" I began but she quickly  covered my mouth with her hand.

I was about to scream, but she held her finger against her lips signaling for me to be quiet. I wasn't going to obey until I looked in her eyes and saw how desperately she wanted me to comply, so I did.

The footsteps got louder and the voices became more clear until we saw a group of scary men standing that the entrance of the alleyway. The girl in front of me pressed our bodies closer together so that we couldn't be seen.

One man was about to turn around to look in our direction, but before he could another man spoke up, "Hey, come on! I think she went this way!" All of them looked in the direction the second man was pointing and ran off.

Feeling our bodies touch like this sent a jolt of electricity through me. I'm not sure what is was but for some reason I felt oddly comfortable with this girl, she has this calming vibe about her. I don't understand how a complete stranger could make me feel this way.

After she was sure they were gone she let out an audible sigh. She slowly pulled her hand away from my mouth and just stared me in the eyes. My stomach started to do flips, it felt like she was staring into my soul. After an awkward moment of silence she finally said something, "Uhh sorry about all of this... Uhh?" She drug out not knowing my name.

"Ohh it's Lauren... And u-umm it's fine..." I stuttered.

"Oh well umm okay..." She scratched the back of her neck and nervously began to back away.

I then bent down to pick up my bag that I dropped when she shoved me against the wall. As I picked up my bag I noticed something else on the ground. I picked it up realizing it was a phone, but when I hit the home button I didn't recognize the screensaver.

"Hey, I think you dropped your ph-" I cut myself off when I realized I was alone.

I darted my eyes back and forth searching the alley, but there was no sign of the mystery girl.

I went to open her phone and to my surprise she didn't have a password. I normally wouldn't do this, but I'm sure she would be missing her phone and I wanted to get it back to her.