[2]

XXX [Dean] XXX

"This is an old bed frame; I think I used to have a similar one a few years back. I loved the engraving on the front of it." I complemented the familiar texture. He nodded as we took it up the stairs piece by piece. "It's an old bed I got from my grandmother before her house burned down and she was moved into a nursing home. She always liked the simple but intriguing look." He smiled. The next challenge was putting the sheets on the mattress, which was probably worse than the mattress falling on you after trying to get it up the stairs.

It took a few hours, a snack break, and three band aids; but all of his furniture was put into place. "I still can't believe the mattress fell on you!" he laughed, it was a wide smiled laugh that made me grin. "I still can't believe you have eight first aid kits!" I gestured to my wounds. "Hey, you're lucky I'm in premed! You could've bled out if I didn't have all of my first aid kits!" the rest of the evening, we just talked; little did I know that him moving across the street was the one thing that would change everything.

XXX Monday XXX

Usually, a college students first day of classes consist of either getting up super early to make sure you aren't late for classes or super late because you aren't used to getting up early. I would say mine was more of the second one, but not exactly. My dad was a military man, which meant he was tough, especially on me and Sammy; his sexism and gender roles lifestyle making us having to make sure we were what he envisioned as the perfect men; twelve and sixteen year old boys being ready to take on an entire army of threats. He was the most demanding and pushy father there was, a small mistake; you'd run the drill until it was perfect, literally not a single thing wrong. So when I was in a deep sleep and a shriek of an alarm went off, I screamed and smacked it into the wall. When I realized it was 7:50, I knew it was going to be a bad day.

Walking into my intro to philosophy class in sweatpants and a hoodie while being twenty minutes late, I realized that college wasn't supposed to be stressful yet, but people make it seem that way. I walked in and three fifths of the class was asleep, only the super smart people already on the assignments three months away were actually not snoring. The professor was on a blanket in the middle of the floor, in the fetal position. I wanted to ask what the hell he was doing, but I decided it was something philosophical, and seeing I didn't want to be here anyway, I just ignored the hippie looking man in the floor and took a seat next to a familiar face. "Don't you dare touch my ass, Dean." She seethed while half asleep. "Jo, I think I've made it very clear that I don't want to touch your ass." I poked her side. "Yeah yeah yeah, I have an important philosophical question for you." She sat up, a maroon blanket curled around her. "If we leave this class and don't come back, will it still suck?" I laughed and woke up three guys in the front row. "Yeah, let's ditch 'hippie 101.'"

I was happy to have study hall after math; it made things easier since I would forget it all when my English class started. The end of the pen was sticking out of my mouth when a group of people entered the room, distracting me from the very important question of 'what the fuck is X'. It made it even more distracting when one of the laughs was familiar, none other than Castiel Novak's. I could've maybe tuned their loud conversation out of he didn't have those deep blue eyes that loved to look into mine. His lips parted to show a smile, his body moving towards mine. "Hello, Dean." He sat across from me. "Sup Cas?" I asked, the pen rising and falling in my mouth as I tried to focus my attention on the math problems. "Study hall? I would've guessed some kind of mechanical class or something of the sorts." He chuckled. "I haven't decided on my major yet, I'm just taking all of my gen-ed classes right now, which means I get study hall." The pen fell out of my mouth and onto the table. "That's nice, you have any idea what you want to major in?" his hands intertwined themselves on the table. "I have a few ideas, but nothing big yet." I answered, finding it nice he was so intrigued.

XXX [Castiel] XXX

I couldn't put my finger on it, but there was something so surreal about Dean Winchester that drew me towards him. I didn't know if it was his masculinity or his crooked smile that just said that he was happy, or if it was just a mystery; all I knew is that I was being hypnotized by Dean Winchester. I saw him walking around campus all the time, even in the middle of crowds. I'll admit it; he was always on my mind. I kept writing his name on my papers instead of mine and when he came over to hang out a bit I always stared when he wasn't looking. I have a crush on Dean Winchester.

Three knocks on the door at four thirty and I instantly knew it was Dean, just by the way it sounded. Don't ask how, I just know the subtle difference between a stranger knock and a Dean Winchester knock. Falling halfway down the stairs, I stumbled to the door to open it; not wanting him to have to wait for too long. Okay I may have had a slight obsession with this man, but honestly could you blame me? Have you seen the sparkles in his eyes or the spread of freckles across his nose and cheeks, or heard his laugh or seen his widest smile? He is so caring and funny when you get him to open up past his gruff exterior. He was the first friend I had in Chicago and he still makes time for me at least once a week so we can catch up on the events and study together. He puts so much effort into this friendship and I'm starting to think that my feelings aren't exactly a one way street.

"Hey, wanna finish moving the rest of that stuff in?" his smile was the first thing that caught my eye. He was happy to come over and help me. "All that's left is that piano, if you wanna risk that falling on you as well, then let's get to it." It took us half an hour to get the piano in and into the room I had reserved for it specifically. Once we had eaten lunch and rested a bit, I decided to play a song for him. "I learned this song three years ago... when my father was a different person. It was darker time in my life... but anyway I wanted you to listen to it." My fingers hit the keys, the piano replacing the usual instruments. Instantly, the words spilled over my lips.

"Hey Jude, don't make it bad.

Take a sad song and make it better

Remember to let her into your heart

Then you can start to make it better"

Dean froze for an instant, like a memory he had buried had been dug up. His voice turned the song into something more.

"Hey Jude, don't be afraid

You were made to go out and get her

The minute you let her under your skin

Then you begin to make it better"

Something longed for harmony, to make this something for us, for all the things that have made our past a living hell, we can make each other happy again.

"And anytime you feel the pain, hey Jude, refrain

Don't carry the world upon your shoulders

For well you know that it's a fool who plays it cool

By making his world a little colder

Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah"

My fingers couldn't play the song out, but there was no need to go on. I had made my decision. I liked Dean Winchester.