[9]

XXX [Dean] XXX

It was the end of freshman year. Winter had been a bitch in Chicago, but Cas and I made it through just as well. I sold my house and moved in with Cas, right before end of the year finals. That brings me to today, the day we can say were finally officially sophomores in college now. To promote safe congratulatory celebration, the college was holding four different parties; one for each class. Of course the seniors had the largest and most funded party, and as you went down the scale, the smaller it got; but it was still nice. It was very fulfilling to know I had finished a full year of college. We went to the party, of course there was no alcohol; but they had a lot of drinks and stuff. "Hey hot stuff." A red headed girl sipped out of her plastic cup. "Sorry, I have a boyfriend." I didn't want to be rude, but I liked to make boundaries, especially in front of Cas. "Sorry, I have a girlfriend. Nice tattoo by the way." my shirt was slowly coming undone as the night went on, and the star tattoo was poking out around my fallen collar. "Thanks, sorry for assuming you were hitting on me, just wanted to be clear." She smiled. "It's kinda cute, but I wouldn't expect you to be single anyway. So, just passing freshman year, how exciting!" she was very bubbly, and as we talked more and more, I noticed she was very smart and geeky, in a good way. She was a tech major, specifically coding and tech security. She wanted to work for a gaming company before branching off on her own. Cas had been gone forever, and I was beginning to get worried. He had gone to the bathroom ten minutes ago. "I need to find Cas, I'll catch you later." I winked at her and left.

The first place I thought to look was the bathroom, no sign of Cas. I tried calling and texting him, no answer. What the hell happened to him? He could've been kidnaped or led outside and raped, there's no telling what could've happened when you have a bunch of college kids running around celebrating. "Doctor Shurley!" Dr. Shurley was the English professor, Cas and I both had him in the same class. "Hello Dean, this is a great party, right?" of course, there was a broken lamp shade on his head. "Yeah, it's fantastic. Have you seen Cas?" he tilted his lamp shade back a bit. "Ah, young Castiel. He just walked past a minute ago, he was being led by another man, I think they were going outside." He pointed to the door and I thanked him before pushing my way through the crowd.

"Get the hell away from my boyfriend!" I yelled at the man. "Hey, calm down there Squirrel. Your pal here was having an asthma attack in the restroom. He didn't have an inhaler on him, so I brought him out here for air." He had a accent, Scottish maybe? I wasn't sure, but I didn't think about it much. I bent down to hold Cas, he just shivered as I ran my fingers through his hair. "You alright, Cas?" he nodded yes before trying to stand up. Once he was up, he stood for a moment before hugging me tightly. "I'm sorry, Dean. I didn't know there was that incense in the bathroom, and it just triggered my asthma. I meant to tell you, but it just happened so fast." He was out of breath, besides just being out here sitting for at least a few minutes. "Just rest for a minute, you'll be fine." He just let me hold him as his breathing slowly became normal again. "Dean, did you find him?" Charlie and two other girls walked out the doors, rubbing their arms as they came out to help warm themselves from the spring night. "Yeah, he's right here. He just had an asthma attack." I smiled at them. "Hey Jo, I didn't know you came to the party." I waved at her, just now noticing she was one of the girls. "Yeah, I just got here a few minutes ago. I didn't know if I was gonna come or not, considering there was a 'no alcohol' rule and all, but I decided, what the hell, let's go fuck bitches and get money." She impersonated our Dean, tying into her complex sarcasm personality. "I don't think we've met before, I'm Meg Masters." We waved before I introduced myself.

XXX [Castiel] XXX

After we all went back inside, we kind of just hung out in a big circle. Crowley and a few of his unnamed friends joined our circle one he came back in. Charlie, Jo, and Meg were very interested in Dean and I's relationship and just about us in general. We danced and sang and talked for hours; and then the sun came up and it was in that moment I felt alive. I had never been to a party, let alone out with friends or even stayed up all night. They all walked back to their dorms, Dean drove us home. Home, it was such a bigger word now that Dean was staying here. Our relationship had only grown since Christmas, we kissed in public, we held hands when we went shopping, and we acted like we were actually together. We went in and went straight to bed, Sammy curling up in the floor beside us. It was times like this that I felt like I was part of something, it made me feel strong, it made me feel loved.

When I woke up, it was four in the afternoon, and Dean was still asleep. I felt like I needed a nap, but I resisted. I made my way downstairs and made dinner, checked my emails and the regular mail, and other house chores. Dena came down as I was putting the bread in the oven. "Food will be ready in a few, so don't be going anywhere." He smiled at me, as if saying he had nowhere else he'd rather be. We set the table together and ate dinner, even though it was only five thirty. It was a nice, quiet meal. It didn't take long for us to move to the couch and watch a movie, one of my favorites by the way. When the credits rolled, he kissed my forehead and whispered an 'I love you'. It was common now, we said it like punctuation, but there wasn't a single one neither of us didn't mean. We just sat there for the longest time, just cuddled up and feeling each other. It wasn't until we began to kiss when it got exciting. It was the usual make out; hands in hair, teeth dragging over lips, slight moans; and then it became more. His fingers ran under the hem of my shirt, his fingers ghosting over my skin. He pulled back, his eyes asking the question instead of his mouth. It wasn't answered by words, but by the act of standing up and taking him upstairs.