Luna

I decide on a white long sleeved dress for dinner tonight with Talia and Luke. I don't know why I chose it, it didn't hide the scar marks on my legs, but I guess part of me wanted to feel pretty for once. It fitted perfectly and made me wonder again how Talia had picked all the perfect clothes that hugged my body right and looked so pretty. However, I didn't dare look in the mirror before leaving my room though, I didn't want my reflection to ruin the perfect image in my head of how this dress made me feel good about myself for once.

I run my fingers through my hair, trying to tame it, as I walk down the hall. I was nervous about this dinner to say the least. Even though I didn't completely trust everyone here, it was still a nice break from the torture I went through for ten years. As much as I didn't want to admit it, I would definitely be hurt if they were to send me away.

My thoughts occupied my mind so much that I didn't notice the man that came around the corner before colliding right into him.

"Oh my.. I'm so sorry!" I quickly exclaim, as I flinch back and lower my eyes. I didn't have to look at him to know that power radiated off of him.

He must be the Alpha.

I shyly look up and take in the massive, built man before me. His eyes were dark green and they didn't look very friendly or welcoming. However, I couldn't manage to look away, it was as if I was being drawn to him. Something in me was calling out to this complete stranger.

What is wrong with me? 

I unconsciously take another step back and immediately  push those thoughts away. After what seemed like forever of us staring at one another without a single word being uttered, he finally moves and continues walking passed me without saying a word.

I don't know what it was, but something in me had to say it.

"Thank you for saving me." I half whisper out to him.

He stops walking and after a short pause he says with a deep unfriendly voice, "I had no choice," and then keeps walking.

What is that suppose to mean? I'm just a human with no ties to him or this pack, he could have very well left me to die. I was so confused, but I finally decide to turn around and keep walking towards the dinning hall.

As I entered I saw Luke and Talia already sitting down with an enormous amount of food in front of them. It still amazed me that this much food was available at all times. I sit down next to Talia and across from Luke, as they smile and greet me. They commenced with the small talk as I ate and waited patiently for them to tell me why they really wanted to meet for dinner tonight.

Finally, Luke clears his throat and looks over at Talia. I look up and watch as they noticeably sit there uncomfortably, as the dreaded topic of discussion was just seconds away from being discussed.

Not being able to take this conformable silence anymore, I decide to make it easier on them.

"It's ok if you two want me to leave your pack. I'm grateful for all you have done for me." I sincerely state with a smile.

Talia and Luke instantly look horrified. "No!" they both shout with shock.

Talia places her hand on mind and smiles. "We're not sending you away. We sincerely want you to stay here. This could be your new home."

I was taken aback by what she had just said . I wasn't expecting her to utter those words. Before I could say anything she continues.

"But there is something we have to tell you and we don't know how you're going to take the news."

I'm still shocked by the whole situation, so I stay quiet as Luke continues.

"Tell us, do you know what a mate is?"

Of course I did, I may have been locked up for 10 years, but I have witnessed some of my captors find their mates. It was always a sense of relief knowing that they no longer will be around me and be occupied with their new found love. Unfortunately, it didn't happen very often among the pack of rouges, as it was rare for rouges to find their mates.

I simply reply with a yes and wait for him to continue.

"Well, we think our brother might have found his mate and well... we think it's you."

After a second of pondering what he just said, I burst out laughing.

"What? First off, I'm not a werewolf and secondly, who is your brother?" I couldn't believe the words that came from his mouth. Are they insane?

"His name is  Xavier and he's the Alpha." Talia speaks up with a hesitant look on her face.

I instantly stop laughing and look at her as the pieces start to fall in place.

"Is that why he saved me?" I whisper out, still in disbelief.

"Well... more like his wolf saved you." Luke says. I must of looked confused because he quickly continues.

"His wolf and him don't get along, but usually in the mating bond it's the wolf part that has the strongest desire for his mate. Unfortunately, Xavier doesn't share the same feelings as his wolf."

Talia interrupts quickly and adds,"But it doesn't mean he won't have those feelings for you eventually! He's just stubborn."

"What? I'm not a werewolf though, how is this possible?" I was so confused; there is no way this could be true.

"It's very rare, but some werewolves mate with humans." Luke informs me.

"Ok, so let me get this straight... Your brother, who is also the Alpha and same person who saved me, is supposedly my mate, even though I am a human. And on top of all of this, only his wolf's side is apparently affected by this mate bond?"

"Yes." they both say together.

I sit there quietly and take in all the information.

"I know it's a lot to take in, but think of the positive part to it. You will always be protected and cared for. More importantly, you will have a permanent home and family." Talia gently says to me.

Although it was all very confusing, it  was also nice to think about having a permanent home. However, another thought pops into my head.

"Am I the Luna?" They both look surprised that I had figured it out so quickly, but by the silence I already know the answer.

Multiple thoughts run through my head. I can't be a Luna. I'm only a weak human with no experience of leadership. How was I suppose to stand next to that powerful man, that didn't so much as want to be in my presence when I bumped into him in the hall. There's no way I could do it. I stand up and start walking out the dining hall.

"Wait-"

"I need time to think, please." I simply state, as I walk into the hall towards my room. I needed peace to myself to go through all of this. I didn't know what to do, it was just too much.

--

That night I tossed and turned more than usual. I couldn't sleep with so many things going through my mind.  I eventually gave up after hours of trying and did the one thing that always calmed me. Write. I walked over to the desk and found a notebook and a pencil and I started writing.

During my nights in the hell hole, I would write on walls and floors with stones. It was a way to calm me. Sometimes it was poetry and other times stories and sometimes the dreams I would have. It didn't matter what I wrote, it was just a way to escape for a bit.

So that's what I did, I wrote and wrote about my worries and fears. About how I wish I was on a beautiful island away from everything and everyone. Before I knew it, the sun was rising and I was still writing. I finally put the pencil down and laid my head on the desk and closed my eyes.

My mind was finally calmed and it didn't take long for sleep to come over me.