Promise

Noel's POV

The ache engulfing my body has me moan in pain. However, the warmth that surrounds me is starting to numb the aches and pains. I snuggle closer to the source of the warmth, as I slowly open my eyes. I instantly feel the sense of relief when I see his bright green eyes looking down on me with their own sense of relief. When he had broken through the forest line and that witch had attacked him, I felt so frighten for his life. I never thought that I would ever worry about Xavier, but it was making me sick seeing him writher in pain and now having him hold me and look at me as if he cares for my wellbeing, has foreign feelings in me ignite.

Without a word, he brings me closer to his body and places soft kisses on my bruised neck. Sparks ignite with more fury; my heart beat quickens with each kiss and shivers run down my spine. To my surprise I even let out a little moan, which has goosebumps emerge on his warm skin. All I can think about is how good it feels to be near him and how easily our bodies respond to each other. Without realizing I place my own lips on his shoulder and slowly make my way up his neck. His body is responding the same way mine is, as I can feel his heartrate increase. This is how it should have been from the beginning with us. He has never showed me this much attention; he's being careful with my body, as if he is worried that it will break if he holds me too tight. He's showing that he cares for me without speaking a single word; something that I have been craving from him without knowing.

A sense of coldness invades my body, I instantly freeze, as I slowly open my eyes and look over his shoulder. He can sense the tension in my body and stops kissing my neck. He follows my gaze and looks behind him in search of danger that I could only see.

Two young girls are standing in the middle of the clearing watching us. I know these girls; they're from my dark past. I gently push away from Xavier, as I try to get a closer look at the girls. He grabs my hand and pulls me back, confused to why I'm acting this way. He takes a step in front of me in a protective stance.

"What's going on, Noel?" I don't think I have ever felt nervousness radiating from him before.

I can't respond back as I look at the two little girls that only my eyes can see. I knew for a fact that he couldn't see them because these two little girls shouldn't be in this dark forest; especially since I saw both of them die years ago.

"Help them!" They both yell at the same time to me, which has shivers run down my spine. They lift their little arms and point into the dark forest. I'm terrified that I can see these dead souls, but confusion overwhelms how frightened I am.

Before I can ask them to explain, they both yell out. "You promised!"

Tears well up in my eyes as I realize what they are talking about. I want to approach them and give them a hug, but before I can take a step they both disappear into thin air.

Xavier turns to me to see the tears falling down my face. He lifts his hand to wipe them away, still confused to what is going on. I can't help but lean into his hand, as his warmth replaces the coldness.

"Please talk to me, Noel." The way he says my name now; is things really changing between us? Is he starting to accept the bond? I brush those thoughts aside, as there are more important matters to discuss. I sigh, as I realize that I have so much to explain to him.

"I've discovered some things about myself and I'm not sure if they are good things or bad things."

He stays quiet and lets me continue.

"You already know that I have this gift of sensing dark auras and also good auras. Like I can sense the warmth that radiated from your pack when I first woke up that first day, that's how I knew I was safe. I also have another gift of..." I hesitate. Is he going to think I'm crazy? Maybe I shouldn't tell him.